Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Yes. Yes. So much yes.
That’s the design I want. A proper slab. None of this curvy nonsense. Having said that, I do love the feel of the 8 Pro in hand.
But this design looks goooood. Give me Dolby Atmos and we’re golden.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
An Android iPhone by the looks of it...

I'm loving the Google Fold so far. Pairs well with having iPhone too. Best of both worlds IMO

The Samsung latest is of no interest. But the Pixel 9 Pro could be hell of a phone as long as they don't try too hard

Last edited:

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm in !

1dd804b4d94aba753422c8dadd0a8e78.jpg
467b5434728f1383e3f78b788b155663.jpg

db0467f3cb30c1cfcc408b7edab82655.jpg

Last edited:

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
I'm gonna be the buzzkill here. I hate this look and design. And the phone is still too big. Where is the roadmap that hinted at a smaller Pro model? Unless there's some kind of mistake as the dimensions nearly identical.

I hate the way modern iPhones feel and this looks just like it. But then again, I loved the curved screens and rails) of the 6 and 7 Pro, due to it mitigating the large feel of these modern massive bricks.

I had to use my old Essential PH-1 while waiting for my 8 Pro and I freaking loved it. I would kill for a Pro model in that size (sub-6') . Ain't ever gonna happen but I get so disappointed having to put that phone back in the drawer as it feels so great in the hand.

So right now, I'm pretty disappointed by these leaks.

Thank you.

Rant over.

Reactions: MazingerZND

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2019
How might the Pixel Fold look like if it follows this design language? There would be nothing unique about it at all anymore… it would look just like the Galaxy/OnePlus foldables. I don't think the flatness would suit the device very much.

This matters to me because even though I didn't keep it, the Pixel Fold is by far my favorite foldable and I'd hate to see it messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: danb1979

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
Yes. Yes. So much yes.
That’s the design I want. A proper slab. None of this curvy nonsense. Having said that, I do love the feel of the 8 Pro in hand.
But this design looks goooood. Give me Dolby Atmos and we’re golden.

I still prefer rounded edges, and have never gotten used to the iPhone without them. I like the feel of the pixel 8, except for the sharp camera stripe.

Reactions: magicman32

MazingerZND

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2022
I'm gonna be the buzzkill here. I hate this look and design. And the phone is still too big. Where is the roadmap that hinted at a smaller Pro model? Unless there's some kind of mistake as the dimensions nearly identical.

I hate the way modern iPhones feel and this looks just like it. But then again, I loved the curved screens and rails) of the 6 and 7 Pro, due to it mitigating the large feel of these modern massive bricks.

I had to use my old Essential PH-1 while waiting for my 8 Pro and I freaking loved it. I would kill for a Pro model in that size (sub-6') . Ain't ever gonna happen but I get so disappointed having to put that phone back in the drawer as it feels so great in the hand.

Thank you.

Rant over.

I'm with you. I find the latest iPhones to be really uncomfortable to hold. I think it's been a constant downgrade since iPhone 11 Pro.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK

Thank you.

Rant over.

Question is; who the hell wants a small phone nowadays? If you do; you're the minority I'd say

Small phones are useless IMO; more so if you've shovel like hands like myself...

I do get that folk want phones that are smaller; but 6" and smaller are just too small in the real world I'd say

Sorinut

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2015
Question is; who the hell wants a small phone nowadays? If you do; you're the minority I'd say

Small phones are useless IMO; more so if you've shovel like hands like myself...

I do get that folk want phones that are smaller; but 6" and smaller are just too small in the real world I'd say

Depends on what do you with your phone, no? My wife tried a 7a for a couple weeks and hated it, then went to the regular 8 after and is much happier.

I don't like big phones either. I don't watch video, play games, or use social media on my phones, so smaller is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason2000

Sami13496

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2022

I want a small phone :) My dream iPhone would be one with iPhone 5 body with full size screen (notch or pill doesn’t matter).

Reactions: JMStearnsX2

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
The camera layout from Pixel 7 series and Pixel 8 series is what should have been used in the Pixel 9 series...

Keep the flat sides re-introduced by iPhone 12 series but re-use the camera layout of Pixel 7 series and Pixel 8 series...

Or they should have just followed the Samsung way with very minimal changes, Galaxy S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra, S24 Ultra...

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
I like this blue color, now get tmsc to make you GOOD chips Google instead of that awful exynos in disguise and we can talk again 🐧

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017

I have huge hands as well and still prefer small phones. I still play with iPhone 4S from time to time. I love that size, and a full display iPhone the size of that phone would be a dream come true for me. But I’m well aware that I’m in the minority with this opinion.

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007

I would kill for a sub-6’ phone. All day, everyday. It surely wouldn’t be worthless to me. At work I’m not watching media on my phone because I can’t, and when I’m out doing stuff, I’m out doing stuff, so a big screen on the go is worthless to me. Calls, texting and music is all I need at work or out and about. Home I have a huge TV or computer screen to watch things on. Phone size is irrelevant at home.

I despise the sizes of these phone nowadays. I don’t understand what people see in phones of this size. I’ve never watched more than a 3 or 4 minute video on my phone and never will. Never watched a TV show or Movie on my phone and never will. I realize I’m in the minority but that doesn’t change anything about my wants or use-case.

Like I said, every time I go back to my PH-1 in between phone, a part of me dies inside when I get the new massive brick I’ve just bought after holding a sublime 5.8’ slice of perfection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.