Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I was looking to find a minimal and slim leather sleeve as a gift for someone purchasing the new Space Gray 14" MacBook Pro and found some interesting options that might prove helpful to others searching for something similar.

I have had great success in the past with OLPR Leather goods as the quality has always been high and provided at a good value. They have some nice sleeves made out of Italian leather with a beautiful blue option looking particularly appealing for the new Macbook Pros.

The other option I considered was the OG of leather sleeves for Apple products and one that I’ve always wanted to try something from but never have and that is Joli Originals. They have smooth or textured leather options and the one that looked interesting to me was the textured leather in black with aqua felt lining. The thing that’s interesting about Joli sleeves is that they are made in the vertical orientation so the MacBook Pro charging port is left accessible when in the case. The price of these was the highest and it was listed as a pre-order, so I wasn’t sure if I would get the sleeve in time.

The final place that I found was RYAN London. They had quite a few interesting leather color options to choose from, which made them stand out. The price was the best of the three at $84 all in and the cost of Shipping was even included in the price, which made this sleeve the best value proposition. The other thing that was really nice is that monogramming is an option and is included for free, which made the value of this sleeve even sweeter. And I was pretty confident it would ship quickly, which it did. So, I received the item and am blown away by the quality of materials and construction, color, design, and feel of the product! The person I gave it to was also seriously impressed and pleased with the sleeve. I went with the Zinc and Blue combination and feel the gray tone will be the perfect complement to the Space Gray MBP. It would probably look killer with the Silver MBP as well. The Blue interior is also vibrant and stunning. I couldn’t be happier with my choice and know that it will give joy to the person I gave it to every time they use it.

The chosen sleeve from RYAN London:

Ryan LONDON Zinc Sleeve MBP.jpg

Last edited:

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I have been using a sleeve case from SFBags / Waterfield Designs for years now. If the new 16" MBP won't fit in my current 15" sleeve I'll get a new one from WF again. Amazing quality

brolfsen

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Can you post some hands on pictures of your Macbook Pro inside the sleeve, is it a good fit? I'm struggling to find a sleeve that doesn't have excess room for it to move around.

I was looking to find a minimal and slim leather sleeve as a gift for someone purchasing the new Space Gray 14” MacBook Pro and found some interesting options that might prove helpful to others searching for something similar.

I have had great success in the past with OLPR Leather goods as the quality has always been high and provided at a good value. They have some nice sleeves made out of Italian leather with a beautiful blue option looking particularly appealing for the new Macbook Pros.

The other option I considered was the OG of leather sleeves for Apple products and one that I’ve always wanted to try something from but never have and that is Joli Originals. They have smooth or textured leather options and the one that looked interesting to me was the textured leather in black with aqua felt lining. The thing that’s interesting about Joli sleeves is that they are made in the vertical orientation so the MacBook Pro charging port is left accessible when in the case. The price of these was the highest and it was listed as a pre-order, so I wasn’t sure if I would get the sleeve in time.

The final place that I found was RYAN London. They had quite a few interesting leather color options to choose from, which made them stand out. The price was the best of the three at $84 all in and the cost of Shipping was even included in the price, which made this sleeve the best value proposition. The other thing that was really nice is that monogramming is an option and is included for free, which made the value of this sleeve even sweeter. And I was pretty confident it would ship quickly, which it did. So, I received the item and am blown away by the quality of materials and construction, color, design, and feel of the product! The person I gave it to was also seriously impressed and pleased with the sleeve. I went with the Zinc and Blue combination and feel the gray tone will be the perfect complement to the Space Gray MBP. It would probably look killer with the Silver MBP as well. The Blue interior is also vibrant and stunning. I couldn’t be happier with my choice and know that it will give joy to the person I gave it to every time they use it.

The chosen sleeve from RYAN London:

View attachment 1910503

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Can you post some hands on pictures of your Macbook Pro inside the sleeve, is it a good fit? I'm struggling to find a sleeve that doesn't have excess room for it to move around.
I'll let you know how it fits when their MacBook Pro 14" arrives later this week.

Reactions: brolfsen and KeniLF

chengengaun

Contributor
Feb 7, 2012
Joli Originals just started to make the pre-ordered MBP sleeves. Enjoyed the sleeve I bought from them for my 2016 15" and pre-ordered one for my 14".

Anyone ordered a Joli Originals sleeve? The website indicates shipping to start from mid-November.

edit: Added link to the Instagram update; I have no relations to the company

Reactions: jazz1

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
Just ordered one from Ryan based on this thread. The fit looks pretty snug based on the photos so I'm hoping it'll be good. Struggling to find a sleeve that fits the 14" well as they all seem a little on the loose side. It's nice to support a small business in the process too.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
These look great! I am certainly interested in these sleeves. I actually pre-ordered one of the Joli originals and also one of the sleeves from Harbor London. I wasn't super impressed with the Harbor London quality, but curious to see how these sleeve options look in real world reviews. Thanks for the suggestions.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Just ordered one from Ryan based on this thread. The fit looks pretty snug based on the photos so I'm hoping it'll be good. Struggling to find a sleeve that fits the 14" well as they all seem a little on the loose side. It's nice to support a small business in the process too.
I think you will be very happy with your choice. The Ryan LONDON sleeves are impeccably made. What color combo did you end up going with?

These look great! I am certainly interested in these sleeves. I actually pre-ordered one of the Joli originals and also one of the sleeves from Harbor London. I wasn't super impressed with the Harbor London quality, but curious to see how these sleeve options look in real world reviews. Thanks for the suggestions.
No problem. It was fun to check out some of the high quality options available for these amazing new MBPs. Let us know how you like your Joli Originals sleeve. I'm sure it will live up to their superb reputation.

The recipient of the sleeve was very satisfied with the fit and believed it to be just right. I was also able to check it out and felt that it nailed the balance between keeping the laptop snug inside, but also being convenient to put on and take off.

Reactions: Fubar1977

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
I think you will be very happy with your choice. The Ryan LONDON sleeves are impeccably made. What color combo did you end up going with?
I went with the Grey with Blue lining. Was really tempted by the Navy one as well. I`ll let you know what I think the it arrives. Ordered yesterday & dispatched today including personalisation which was impressive!

outsidah

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010

I've been curious about the Harbor London stuff - care to elaborate or share any pictures?

Reactions: Tb87Bln

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I went with the Grey with Blue lining. Was really tempted by the Navy one as well. I`ll let you know what I think the it arrives. Ordered yesterday & dispatched today including personalisation which was impressive!
The interesting color options are definitely one of the nice things about RL sleeves and you can't beat the included monogramming. The Gray(Zinc)/Blue combo is legit. Looking forward to your impressions.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Not sure if this is minimalist enough for you, but I ordered this distressed leather sleeve from Etsy (ships from China) which was the look I was searching for, and the shop had great reviews. They also do free monogramming. US$62 with free shipping.

Note, the shop owner just messaged me saying that the 14" fits a bit tight because of the more prominent black feet on the MBP, but said if it is, to let them know and they'd send a new one. I should be receiving mine last week of November, so will post back impressions once I get it.

awert2

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2021
the andar one is pretty great. excellent leather and padding inside. fits loose

Last edited:

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for all the great info, I went RYAN London Navy/Mint on a 16" MacBook Pro! Can't wait, the quality looks excellent!

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks for all the great info, I went RYAN London Navy/Mint on a 16" MacBook Pro! Can't wait, the quality looks excellent!
For sure. You are going to love it. The quality of the leather brings to mind a high-end Italian sports car. It is plush!

ThePeD

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2019

I ordered this one, came in yesterday. Great quality and nice leather smell. Ordered the green one and it looks great!

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
The interesting color options are definitely one of the nice things about RL sleeves and you can't beat the included monogramming. The Gray(Zinc)/Blue combo is legit. Looking forward to your impressions.
Arrived today & I'm impressed with the quality. Can confirm it's a good fit on the 14" Pro. Seems very well made & the colour is a good combo with the Space Grey MBP. Thanks again for the recommendation ?

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
@ThePeD
i also plan to buy one for my 16". hope it fits (you can choose the new 16" option). yours is for 14" or 16"?
can you post some photos?

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
Happy to post some pics but the sleeve is about 1 inch too wide.
oh wow... this doesn't sound promising...
I have been considering a Harber London sleeve since I got the new MacBook after a recommendation from the MacBook Pro bags, sleeves and cases thread... but now I am not so sure about it...

and the sleeve recommended here just looks great... Especially the Zinc and blue combination ?
I would love to see some real world pictures of the Ryan London sleeve....

but I'll like the Ryan London color combo already more than the Haber London sleeve...and its a great price with shipping...?

Fubar1977

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
North Yorkshire, UK
oh wow... this doesn't sound promising...
I have been considering a Harber London sleeve since I got the new MacBook after a recommendation from the MacBook Pro bags, sleeves and cases thread... but now I am not so sure about it...

and the sleeve recommended here just looks great... Especially the Zinc and blue combination ?
I would love to see some real world pictures of the Ryan London sleeve....

but I'll like the Ryan London color combo already more than the Haber London sleeve...and its a great price with shipping...?
IMG_9879 copy.jpg
IMG_9880 copy.jpg
IMG_9881 copy.jpg

There you go...
It's really nice. If I could wish for one thing it would be a fastener of some kind as its`s possible for the MBP to slide out if you held it the wrong way but it's a good fit. I'm happy with it.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Arrived today & I'm impressed with the quality. Can confirm it's a good fit on the 14" Pro. Seems very well made & the colour is a good combo with the Space Grey MBP. Thanks again for the recommendation ?
You're welcome! Glad you are liking it. Definitely a good suggestion to always carry the sleeve with MBP inside open end up, as with any sleeve designed this way. It's looking good in your photos along with the monogram :cool:

arche3

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2020
Do u guys use the sleeve inside a backpack when u have to bring laptop anywhere? It seems not sturdy enough to use by itself. Pair it with a backpack and it is redundant. If I was a female with a large purse I think then it would be good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.