Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Submitted by The Different District...

This message thread claims that based on conversations with a Griffin rep at Mac Expo, Griffin is planning on introducing a new product to be called the "Griffin Tech iTalk".

According to the post, the new product will be similar to the recently released Belkin Voice Recorder. However, the design and quality is said to be improved as well as the addition of a Line-In connector to allow the use of a high quality external microphone.

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Griffen makes the best products and everyone know that. Also anythign will be better than the belkin voice thing. Just like the itrip is way better than belkin's tune cast thingy.

Can't wait, I'll get one right away if i get an ipod for x-mas like I'm hoping to.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
I'd like to have an iPod in my pocket and a little lapel mic connected to it. Maybe this would do it.

Squire

RedRock

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2003
hey guys, this is RedRock. I am the one who had the conversation with the Griffin Technology guy, and posted the thread on spymac.

glad to see it on macrumors!

if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and i'll get back to you... remember that this was only a casual conversation, so i won't be able to answer technical details, such as recording levels or bit rates.

http://www.spymac.com

e.

JT3MacManiac

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2003
u guys should all check out that site that this thing was submitted by
its really cool
the guy who runs it says that on january 24, 2004 they are relaseing version 2 which will have a free unlimited space gallery and a vid agllery and forums and email and a new interface and lots of other cool stuff

hahaha
p.s. i run different district
but still its really cool

Shifty

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2003
UK, London, SW15
Originally posted by itsbetteronamac
Griffin makes the best products and everyone know that. Also anythign will be better than the belkin voice thing. Just like the itrip is way better than belkin's tune cast thingy.

Can't wait, I'll get one right away if i get an ipod for x-mas like I'm hoping to.

Yep. I just love the iMic and the PowerMate

mistafro

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2003
I love Griffin don't get me wrong, just don't trust their shipping date, as they always delays products about 4 times before they actually ship.

For example, the new iTrip was several months delayed with about 10 wrong shipping estimates.

I am still waiting for their RadioShark, which was went from Sept, to Oct, To Nov and now they say late Dec.

Yeah right, like they are going to start shipping in the Christmas season!!

I'd say it's going to be late Jan early Feb.

Great products, they just need to work out the manufacturing and shipping date issues.

By the way, I love the new iTrip. Great product. I can't wait for the RadioShark!

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Griffin always make realy high quality products. Sometimes I think they are just Apple with a different name..but they do tend to more expensive.

Belkin is good though and cheap..but you do get what you pay for. I wish my Belkin's tuner was abit more powerful.

sXe

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2003
man, word does spread fast. i remember being one of the first to respond to the thread. i'm Bradd260 over at Spymac, so if anyone stops by, send me a little PM over there!

alright, i'm done...

pb1212580

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2003
I hope it's as small as the voice recorder and as "not-power hungry" as it is...

I'll be ordering one if that's true!!!
oh ya...maybe less $$$ than when the voice recorder came out?

2 cents.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
sigh, and tomorrow my belkin voice recorder is suppose to arrive. Maybe if this things does exist, and is cheap, I can get someone off ebay to buy my belkin

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by Bunzi2k4
hmm... line in sounds good... really good... well depending on the price, i might get one

agreed. that's what i've been waiting for. I don't see why apple can't just have line-in built into the headphone jack. I suppose the only problem is the a/d converter. But i've seen other mp3 players that can do this so i hope apple gets with the program.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i think this is really possible. justr like the wireless remotes, they just need to backwards ebgineer t, find out the code that tells the iPod that the voice recorder is connected, and then make it. simple as that.
ish.

RedRock

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2003
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i think this is really possible. justr like the wireless remotes, they just need to backwards ebgineer t, find out the code that tells the iPod that the voice recorder is connected, and then make it. simple as that.
ish.

the griffin rep said that they had been working WITH apple to produce this...

e.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i think it's odd that apple is working with them because they're going to be pushing 2 voice recorders and that is odd.

oh well. as long as they make it work, i don't care.

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
i think it's odd that apple is working with them because they're going to be pushing 2 voice recorders and that is odd.

oh well. as long as they make it work, i don't care.

No, apple doesn't favor 3rd party vendors. The iPod connector and electrical spec are proprietary and can only be released under NDA, but will be realeased to anyone who already manufactures third party accessories for devices and already has means distribution. That's parapharsed from an email from Apple BTW...

Xero

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2002
Los Angeles
yipeeee!!!!! this is really good news.

i just hope "improved" sound quality doesnt mean anything less than 44/16 :rolleyes:

also, about apple pushing two different recorders: well if this new one IS higher quality and has a line in, itll be marketed towards a different crowd than the "Voice" recording one that Belkin makes.

EDIT: plus, why would apple only let one third party company work with them on a certain type of peripheral, that just seems stupid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.