Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

COS

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2003
I just called Griffin and they told me that something is in the works but "I can't tell you anything abot it because I'd have to kill you."

I asked, so something IS in the works then? he said, "ya, but we can't talk about it yet

I then asked, Can you at least give me an estimated ship date? He said, Nothing is concrete of course, but probably in early 2004

Well, there you go. Sure its not much to add on top of the rumor pile, but at least a little more than we had before.

drjekyl

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2003
so I do agree that this is good news, but have any of you used the belkin voice recorder? I bought one, showed it to a guy who was going to buy an olympus Digital Voice Recorder and sold the guy on two iPods and two voice recorders. The thing is amazingly clear. Line-in will definitely be a plus but if you are holding out and just need to do voice recordings, go get the belkin. It's small, compact, and is REALLY sensitive for the range. A conversation with the iPod between two people sitting 4-5 apart is perfect.

plastree

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Los Angeles
Yessss... I've been waiting for a product like this for so long, and I'm glad that Griffin is taking it on. My iPod would make a great field recorder, given adequate specs. I read in another thread that the a/d converter is already built into the new iPods, and that it is rather high quality. Can anyone confirm this? I hope the line-in is stereo, too.

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
COS thanks for prying! ;)

before Xmas is preferred to be honest. But its Griffin we are talking about here..they got their shipping tactics from Apple so we know what to expect.

alamar

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2003
Current Mic No Good

The current Mic Available on the Apple Web site is not what I need. I won't be buying an iPod until I can Mic my shirt and use it to record my speeches. Sony's MiniDisc still leads the pack on recording live performances. Hope Griff grants my wish. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.