Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
The day Dolphin goes live on AppStore I will buy any new iPad Pro to finally replace my ancient Air 2. Have just downloaded Delta, will finally launch my old N64 roms to play all these ancient Star Wars games, Tarzan, Tiggo’s Adventures and Mario. To someone these are old, but to me these are childhood🥲

Finally Apple did this. I am so thankful for this rule change

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Can someone provide a link to the app in the App Store? (It's always weird to me these articles don't include a link. It's the most useful piece of information, but missing.)
Yeah it didn't come up searching for it. Finally found it.
Try searching for the Author name 😎

vngannxx

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2009
Brings back memories
IMG_1219.png
IMG_1220.png

Last edited:

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
Real talk, in the mobile space, emulation is typically the closest you're gonna get to an engaging traditional game experience.

Apple's kind of burned traditional gaming down to the ground since day one, when they decided games shouldn't be more than a dollar and basically made it impossible to ever find a good game.

That 100% of their RE Framework games have been bought and paid for by Apple, and that Capcom has ported literally 0 other games on the same framework to iOS, really speaks volumes.
The truth is that if Apple played nicely with Nintendo.. then iPad Mini would have been the Switch.

You need to consider the timeline for Super Mario Run release on iOS (Dec 2016) and Switch console release (March 2017). The Game's poor show meant it was over for that partnership forever.

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
The truth is that if Apple played nicely with Nintendo.. then iPad Mini would have been the Switch.

You need to consider the timeline for Super Mario Run release on iOS (Dec 2016) and Switch console release (March 2017). The Game's poor show meant it was over for that partnership forever.
Except Animal Crossing Pocket Camp 2017, Fire Emblem Heroes 2017, and Mario Kart Tour 2019

Reactions: AlexMac89

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Apple's kind of burned traditional gaming down to the ground since day one, when they decided games shouldn't be more than a dollar and basically made it impossible to ever find a good game.
I don’t think Apple decided that. I think people, with their money, decided that.

That 100% of their RE Framework games have been bought and paid for by Apple, and that Capcom has ported literally 0 other games on the same framework to iOS, really speaks volumes.
If one was trying to make the point that, “It’s not because people didn’t buy the games that Capcom hasn’t continued development,” then that’s the kind of thing one would make up. As it is, Apple provided the same level of support that they provide to any developer that’s paid their $99 and the fact is that there’s not enough folks that want to buy and play RE Framework games on iOS/iPadOS/macOS devices to make it work Capcom’s time (if Capcom has no future plans that is. If it’s been profitable, then they may release something months after this was written).

I mean, look at Delta… it’s proof that a lot of the folks interested in this type of gaming is not interested in paying anything more than “free” for it. Free won’t make Capcom very much money at all, and they ARE in business to make money.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Strangely here in the UK the link works but I can’t find it when I search for it directly in the App Store
Not easy to find here in the US either. It was buried under a billion apps for airlines since it has awful SEO. As it gains popularity, it will probably get easier to search for.
Can someone provide a link to the app in the App Store? (It's always weird to me these articles don't include a link. It's the most useful piece of information, but missing.)
I searched “Delta”, realized why that was a bad idea then thought, “What word WITH delta would be fairly unique?”
Delta emulation should get anyone there, first link.

tothemoonsands

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2018
This is a huge win for iOS game development. Nintendo isn't monetizing old games currently (other than NSO Online but it is very limited in selection). This puts pressure on Nintendo to be more proactive - Perhaps they will come out with an official iPhone controller grip. Perhaps they will release an emulator within their own Nintendo app and sell old games legally. Perhaps Xbox and Steam will jump in the game too.

AA/AAA games on iOS, like Death Stranding, are also beneficiaries of this renewed attention of iOS gaming.

It's a win-win for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: Apple$

mt0trip

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Controller Recommendations that are potable? This is going to be excellent for travel and airplane rides.

tothemoonsands

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2018
Controller Recommendations that are potable? This is going to be excellent for travel and airplane rides.

PS or Xbox controllers are very nice, but for portability, perhaps consider the Nintendo Joy-cons. You can sit back with each half in hand, and they make some nice cases / portable chargers for them as well.

Reactions: wplynx

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
It is a real shame this is behind the paywalled "Alt store", and not on the EU app store,. I really don't like this future of having to install tens of different app stores.
Great app though. Apple should've allowed this earlier.
Just a matter of time befor 17.4 is jailbroken, right? Then anyone around the world can have it.

orangeadrenaline

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2021
I have all the real systems, all the real carts and an actual CRT to play them on, so this means absolutely nothing to me. Even if I didn't have the aforementioned, I still wouldn't care because playing them on a tiny smart phone with touch controls would be about as fun (for me) as trying to twist a screw into an un-drilled plank of solid ebony with a butter knife.
AirPlay and pair with the official Bluetooth SNES controller.

Timpetus

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2014
Orange County, CA
I have all the real systems, all the real carts and an actual CRT to play them on, so this means absolutely nothing to me. Even if I didn't have the aforementioned, I still wouldn't care because playing them on a tiny smart phone with touch controls would be about as fun (for me) as trying to twist a screw into an un-drilled plank of solid ebony with a butter knife.
Yet it was worth it to comment because...?

To take your post more seriously than I think it was intended, you can use all sorts of real controllers with this. You can also AirPlay to your AppleTV or other targets. Being able to play these games on the go is still valuable to many. If you're not one of those, fine. We'll go on without you :cool:

Pimmp

macrumors regular
May 13, 2018
Cant find it, but what the heck. Have all the consoles and been running emulators on PC for decades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.