Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biker4mac

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2001
South Central Pennsylvania
iMac Combo Drive?

The form factor of the current iMacs does not upset me too much, although a short neck would save on desk space.

Has anyone heard of a combo (CD-RW/DVD player) drive coming to the iMac? They have them as an option on the iBook, TiPB, and desktops...

That is what I am waiting for...

** My apologies... Just checked the Apple site again and the TiPB does not have a combo drive option. I swear I saw that as an option when I was looking the other week. My mistake.

[Edited by biker4mac on 08-21-2001 at 09:08 AM]

WindexMonkey

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2001
Minn
Oh Well

No new hardware ehh.....

But Shortnecks would be sweet CRTs can reach higher resolutions i like mine (the 17" Apple discontinued ) idon't mind the tube but on cold winter nights i like the radiation to glow on and warm my face. HAHA Yum.

And I heard Apple had the free CD-RWs wit hthe TiBooks cuz they don't fit.

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
2 Cents from X

A few things omitted so far:
1 Apple has stockpiled low price plat-pannel screens, once beleived to be XGAs (portable LCD) screens for the SOP, rumors are they're actually TFT LCDs, which leans away from a Pro-iBook toward a pro iMac.

2 Apple has an OSX device that's smaller than a laptop, the Apple Store Uses them with secret Wacom technology to get your credic card signature. Hmm lots of rumors there.

3 A PDA running OSX will probably run the OSX core, so everything except Aqua, maby OSXpda will run Java2 apps only?

4 I'd love to see an iMac with equal Mhz as thse damn supermarket tabloid 1.13Ghz P3s for $1299

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Re: 2 Cents from X

Originally posted by MasterX (OSiX)
1 Apple has stockpiled low price plat-pannel screens, once beleived to be XGAs (portable LCD) screens for the SOP, rumors are they're actually TFT LCDs, which leans away from a Pro-iBook toward a pro iMac.

2 Apple has an OSX device that's smaller than a laptop, the Apple Store Uses them with secret Wacom technology to get your credic card signature. Hmm lots of rumors there.

3 A PDA running OSX will probably run the OSX core, so everything except Aqua, maby OSXpda will run Java2 apps only?

4 I'd love to see an iMac with equal Mhz as thse damn supermarket tabloid 1.13Ghz P3s for $1299

most of this is completely unfounded rumors that you are bringing up and saying that they are true.....

.......you bother me with your stupidity

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Re: 2 Cents from X

Originally posted by MasterX (OSiX)

Well 1 is probably true, for the building up stock part anyway, 2 has been confirmed as a signature scanner, i'm guessing it has wacom or wacom-style technology in ti, 3 is a full-blown estimate, but it's likely Aqua won't be completly implemented, 4 is a hope.

If we al told truths, these forums would be just arguments, your freind Jon123 enjoys speculation, so do I. a site like Macrumors.com just provides facts compiled into estimates. Uless they're magic.... which i doubt.

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Yeah, I've been trying to get to my prescious rumors all day long. Damn OSX 10.0 Web Server! They had a simmilar problem before, when you had to type in their server Ip to get to the site. Maybe they're overhauling the site or something, but I'ts probably a UNIX thing, they've been complaining for a month now…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.