Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabbr

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
my 14" has a single dead pixel, but otherwise fantastic display. The excellent uniformity is keeping me from playing the swapperoo game.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

Not the best images as the light from the screen is reflecting off of my phone, but I have some vertical lines that appear lighter. It almost looks like something splattered on and then ran down the screen. It isn't dirty, nor have any liquids come near it. Anyone know what this might be? Is it worth taking it to Apple over? I'm not even sure if it's something they would fix under apple care (plus, if that matters). In the top image, I circled one of the more noticeable lines.

Last edited:

Nocturnal-G

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
View attachment 1958232
View attachment 1958236

Not the best images as the light from the screen is reflecting off of my phone, but I have some vertical lines that appear lighter. It almost looks like something splattered on and then ran down the screen. It isn't dirty, nor have any liquids come near it. Anyone know what this might be? Is it worth taking it to Apple over? I'm not even sure if it's something they would fix under apple care (plus, if that matters). In the top image, I circled one of the more noticeable lines.

Most likely a poorly applied coating. Check with the screen off under light at diff angles and see if you see anything.

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
Mine did good on all 13 tests, thanks for posting the test link. If you monitor looks good to your eyes it's fine, no one will see everything the same as the next person.
Mine looks much like your with left side a little warmer (reddish) than the right side like I see in your photo. I saw that in some demo units too, mostly 16". Is this common with MBP 14"?

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2018
It took couple photos of my MBP 14.

No vertical banding or other complaints but little more warmer reddish/pinkish and dimmer on the left side than on the right side.

mbp1.jpg
mbp2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.