Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
This thread is about the S23 Ultra. I assumed it would be obvious which phone; however, I do apologize for not making it more clear!

I asked because it sounded like you were setting up a cheap Android phone.

What you describe isn't typical in any way. I am on multiple forums and people don't complain about bugs or problems activating or setting up the phone.

Maybe it is a carrier issue. Maybe it is a general lack of Android OS or user error.

Maybe you just have a defective device.

Just a suggestion. Reset the phone and start over. If any issues persist either return the phone and exchange or contact Samsung customer service. Or the carrier customer service.

I have used numerous Samsung devices and iPhones recently and neither has been problematic setting up or activating.

However my personal experience is that iOS since 16 has been exceptionally buggy for iOS. iOS 15 was rock solid for me and 16 has been the opposite. I had a 30% battery life drop just from the update which is pretty insane and I not only reset the phone but restored it using my Mac with no change.

VietKinh

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2023
Below freezing
I have several Apple devices. I had an iPhone Pro Max 13 and now I am using a s23 ultra as my main phone.

Since you already know what you may have to work around I will tell you my opinion on the switch.

Weight. The s23 ultra is larger but weighs less than the iPhone 13 Pro Max and by extension the 14pm. Yet even though the screen is just slightly larger it feels a lot bigger. The s23u has a very rectangular design and screen so you are able to use all available space on the screen. It really makes a big difference to me.

With the Pro Max I felt like I had a big and heavy device but because of the aspect ratio and rounded corners it doesn't feel as immersive as the s23u and for streaming the s23u is like a small Tablet. I never used to watch content on my iphone pro max because it was too small and I couldn't see a lot of the content clearly.

The iPhone 13 Pro Max before iOS 16 had the best battery life of any phone and when I got rid of it, it was barely better than my Pixel 7 Pro. The s23 ultra has the same battery longevity that my iPhone 13 Pro Max had at one time.

I tend to like Android more than iOS since 16 came out. Android 13 is just more feature rich, more fun to theme and more stable. With the s23u there are tons of customization to the software and user interface that you can make. I am a big Godzilla fan and I have an animated GIF on the AOD and lock screen which is just a lot of fun. The color theming matched to your wallpaper is also great.

There is the performance which seems lightning fast and for Samsung that is saying something. The cooling on this phone is really good and it never heats up no matter how hard I use it and I use it very intensely, playing 3d games, web browsing intensive sights, maps, texting, videos, etc. OneUI5 is very smooth.

There is Bixby text to speech that will answer and screen calls much like Pixel phones which is really nice to have.

The speakers on this phone get really loud, have really good 3d stereo sound and even have some bass.

The camera system is great. Having a 10x optical zoom is really nice. The pictures I get look good and are in focus. There are a bunch of photo settings and editing that you can do.

The screen again is just so nice.

The spen is great to have and besides using it to draw or sign documents you can use it as a remote shutter to take photos on a tripod for family group pictures.

The overall design is really easy to grip and hold and doesn't get tiring like my iPhone 13 Pro Max did.

Overall it is one of the best phones I have ever had. The second best would probably be the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
I actually like the heaviness of the 13/14 PM. It makes it feel more expensive. Got to play around and hold the S23U and It felt so light, like there wasn't a battery inside of it. The S23U is bigger, but I like that the 14PM has a longer width.

Then again, I carried one of the largest and heaviest phones (Sony Xperia Z Ultra) in my skinny jean pocket that dwarf every phone currently. It was so big it literally sticked out of my pocket. That phone was a POS but damn was it sexy!

At work, I lugged around a Lenovo Legion 7 laptop that weights around 5.5 lbs with one hand. Even the MBP would probably feel much lighter by comparison. 7.5 lbs with a giant charger in a U.S Navy issue backpack with no padding.

Eventually, I will switch over to the 15" MBA M2/M3.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Those are some great products for sure. But some of those are easily replaced with other better options.
The Handoff and continuity are big ones if they are used. I have a house full of Apple products and don’t use those things.
I have an iPhone 14 PM, IPP 12.9, 27 iMac, 16 MBP, IP Mini and have never used handoff or continuity.
I also have a Galazy S23 Ultra and Pixel 7 Pro. But most family and friends use iPhones. Surprisingly the one feature I miss the most when using my Android phones is AirDrop. Sharing photos from Android to iPhone users is not friendly.

That is the one piece I think Apple makes difficult on purpose.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
iPhone 13 ProMax to S23 Ultra. Did that.

My thread on the device. It includes some good user suggestions that others offered.
S23 Ultra - My New Main

I use a number of OS's and have found this device to be great! It is a bit more to really setup however not that much. It comes down to how much you trust default Apple iOS settings. I did spend more time fine tuning my S23U setup but in the end I have better battery life than my 13ProMax. I also love the things you can really do with it. The pen is turning out to be very interesting.

Plan on spending some time thinking it through. iOS and Android are different and tackle problems differently. You will likely be doing some research. In the end, unless you are set on iOS, I think you will find the S23U a better product. IMO.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
One thing I noticed was that my iPhone wouldn't actually back up the photos on Google unless I had the app open the whole time. That must be a limitation of iOS or something because you don't have to do that on Android.

Somebody probably answered this already, but YES, that's a iOS limitation. All 3rd party Cloud apps have to remain open in the background, and in some rare cases the foreground.

And even with iCloud, you can't set your photos/videos to auto upload without WiFi. Without WiFi, you have you manual tap sync at the bottom of the Photos app every time, to sync with cellular data.

On Android, photos/videos can auto sync even if the app is closed, whether on WiFi or Cell Data. Basically set and forget.

Reactions: SteveJUAE and dk001

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I recently tried to switch from my 13PM to a Pixel Pro 7 and Pixel Watch for the same reason, and the "newness" factor wore off almost immediately. Even setting aside all the "ecosystem" benefits that I'd be losing as the owner of three Macs, I simply didn't like Android on the phone. Lots of lag compared to iOS and aesthetically very dull in comparison. The Pixel Watch was even more laggy and I missed the extra screen area of the AW. It really made me appreciate Apple's design philosophy. Now, maybe Samsung's implementation of Android on the S23 Ultra would make a big difference, but I'm sort of over the "newness" pursuit after that experience. Now, on the other hand, I absolutely love my Tab S8 Ultra and how Android runs on it, but it serves a completely different purpose than my phone.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I recently tried to switch from my 13PM to a Pixel Pro 7 and Pixel Watch for the same reason, and the "newness" factor wore off almost immediately. Even setting aside all the "ecosystem" benefits that I'd be losing as the owner of three Macs, I simply didn't like Android on the phone. Lots of lag compared to iOS and aesthetically very dull in comparison. The Pixel Watch was even more laggy and I missed the extra screen area of the AW. It really made me appreciate Apple's design philosophy. Now, maybe Samsung's implementation of Android on the S23 Ultra would make a big difference, but I'm sort of over the "newness" pursuit after that experience. Now, on the other hand, I absolutely love my Tab S8 Ultra and how Android runs on it, but it serves a completely different purpose than my phone.

This is why I basically stick to Samsung nowadays when it comes to Android phones. Back in the days when I would mess with all manufacturers, it was a 50/50 chance I would regret my purchase.

Both Apple and Samsung have their cons, but they are basically super solid overall.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
This is why I basically stick to Samsung nowadays when it comes to Android phones. Back in the days when I would mess with all manufacturers, it was a 50/50 chance I would regret my purchase.

Both Apple and Samsung have their cons, but they are basically super solid overall.
Honestly I don't know what lag he is talking about on the Pixel 7 Pro?

If you are coming from iOS Pixel is the best choice because of the software. A Pixel phone is a lot simpler to get used to from iOS. The animations and transitions are just as good on Pixel as iOS and the extra AI exclusive features on Pixel make it stand out above the crowd.

Obviously the Pixel 7 Pro is not perfect but for the cost it punches way above the competition.

The only disadvantage on the P7P is that the chipset is not optimized for speed and can run hot under very heavy load. The modem could be a bit better and maybe better battery life but these are nit picks.

I have the Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra and the Pixel 7 Pro and I prefer the s23 ultra but it is not like one phone is drastically worse than the other.

I prefer photography on the Pixel. I prefer the call screening and speech to text on the Pixel.

I wasn't going to buy the Ultra but I got a deal I couldn't refuse and honestly it is by a wide margin one of the best Android phones I have ever had for several reasons but the Pixel 7 Pro is a close second and considering it is near $500 cheaper constantly retail prices for both I think that is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

I have to give Samsung credit for better optimizing OneUI 5 and improving animations and transitions overall. The customization and solid fast updates have been welcome changes.

However I do still prefer by a little bit the Pixel UI.

The Ultra 512 gb model has incredible speed, one of the best screens, incredible battery life, the spen, and an overall better hardware and hardware design.

But to say the Pixel 7 Pro is laggy is just odd to me. The chipset is about as fast as the 8 gen 1 which was last year's flagship chipset in the s22 ultra and most people who have the s22 ultra still like it and have no problem with performance. Pixel UI is more optimized and streamlined than OneUI 5 even though the gap is much smaller now so I just don't know what it could be unless you are using Maps, streaming video and playing Genshin all at the same time??

Now comparing the Pixel 7 Pro to say a s23 plus or regular s23 I think the Pixel wins in every department but chipset. Better screen, better cameras and similar battery life. When you consider the P7P is often on sale for $50 less than the s23 starting price it is hard to say Samsung is better. You also get 12gn ram on every Pixel 7 Pro.

Honestly if people asked what the best phones of the year so far are I would say The s23 ultra is the very best and the Pixel 7 Pro is the value leader that takes a close second but if value and bang for buck is most important than the P7P wins.

Either the s23 ultra or Pixel 7 Pro are better than the iPhone 14 pro max in terms of features, cost, and performance. The iPhone 14 pro max is not bad and has some advantages over the other two but the overall package both the P7P and s23u win. iOS and iPhones will always be among the very best phones and mobile OS but Apple needs to deliver more both in terms of hardware and software. We need true innovation, not solid state buttons. We need better stability. We need better cameras and faster charging.

Reactions: SteveJUAE and dk001

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Honestly I don't know what lag he is talking about on the Pixel 7 Pro?

If you are coming from iOS Pixel is the best choice because of the software. A Pixel phone is a lot simpler to get used to from iOS. The animations and transitions are just as good on Pixel as iOS and the extra AI exclusive features on Pixel make it stand out above the crowd.

Obviously the Pixel 7 Pro is not perfect but for the cost it punches way above the competition.

The only disadvantage on the P7P is that the chipset is not optimized for speed and can run hot under very heavy load. The modem could be a bit better and maybe better battery life but these are nit picks.

I have the Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra and the Pixel 7 Pro and I prefer the s23 ultra but it is not like one phone is drastically worse than the other.

I prefer photography on the Pixel. I prefer the call screening and speech to text on the Pixel.

I wasn't going to buy the Ultra but I got a deal I couldn't refuse and honestly it is by a wide margin one of the best Android phones I have ever had for several reasons but the Pixel 7 Pro is a close second and considering it is near $500 cheaper constantly retail prices for both I think that is a pretty amazing accomplishment.

I have to give Samsung credit for better optimizing OneUI 5 and improving animations and transitions overall. The customization and solid fast updates have been welcome changes.

However I do still prefer by a little bit the Pixel UI.

The Ultra 512 gb model has incredible speed, one of the best screens, incredible battery life, the spen, and an overall better hardware and hardware design.

But to say the Pixel 7 Pro is laggy is just odd to me. The chipset is about as fast as the 8 gen 1 which was last year's flagship chipset in the s22 ultra and most people who have the s22 ultra still like it and have no problem with performance. Pixel UI is more optimized and streamlined than OneUI 5 even though the gap is much smaller now so I just don't know what it could be unless you are using Maps, streaming video and playing Genshin all at the same time??

Now comparing the Pixel 7 Pro to say a s23 plus or regular s23 I think the Pixel wins in every department but chipset. Better screen, better cameras and similar battery life. When you consider the P7P is often on sale for $50 less than the s23 starting price it is hard to say Samsung is better. You also get 12gn ram on every Pixel 7 Pro.

Honestly if people asked what the best phones of the year so far are I would say The s23 ultra is the very best and the Pixel 7 Pro is the value leader that takes a close second but if value and bang for buck is most important than the P7P wins.

Either the s23 ultra or Pixel 7 Pro are better than the iPhone 14 pro max in terms of features, cost, and performance. The iPhone 14 pro max is not bad and has some advantages over the other two but the overall package both the P7P and s23u win. iOS and iPhones will always be among the very best phones and mobile OS but Apple needs to deliver more both in terms of hardware and software. We need true innovation, not solid state buttons. We need better stability. We need better cameras and faster charging.

I think you meant to respond to usagora. I myself don't have any experience in recent Pixel phones. The last Pixel I had was the 4.

BaErv

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
I'm bailing on Apple too. My 12PM is suffering a rapid decline in battery health and I don't intend on investing in a iPhone without a Sim tray. Aside from that issue, every update seems more like crippleware instead of an improvement. Apple pushed me out and Samsung is making it easy.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I think you meant to respond to usagora. I myself don't have any experience in recent Pixel phones. The last Pixel I had was the 4.
I was trying to respond to you both. It didn't show both posts but you said this is why you stick with Samsung.

I love Samsung phones and have been using them since at least the s4. But I don't think that it is either Apple or Samsung.

I agree that a lot of Android OEM'S are not very good - Looking at you Lenovo/Motorola - but some like Pixel are really decent contenders considering the cost. Since the person was talking about Pixel and you responded saying that you think only Samsung is a decent Android OEM I thought you were also including Pixel in your statement.

No worries. I am not trying to tell you what is right.

I just think the Pixel 7 Pro is a highly underrated phone and I have a feeling that the Pixel 8 Pro is going to be another really strong release for Google.

I wouldn't veer to far away from Samsung or Pixel on the Android side of things though so I agree with your statement to a point.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I'm bailing on Apple too. My 12PM is suffering a rapid decline in battery health and I don't intend on investing in a iPhone without a Sim tray. Aside from that issue, every update seems more like crippleware instead of an improvement. Apple pushed me out and Samsung is making it easy.
I totally agree with you.

I had a 13 Pro Max and I really loved that phone. It is probably my all time favorite iPhone. The cameras were a little weak but overall with Pro motion, big screen, 5g, and the best battery life I ever had on a phone UNTIL iOS 16. Also the year I had it until iOS 16 it was super stable. After iOS 16 my battery life went down 30% and I have never experienced such a thing on any software release. It was also buggy. My wallpapers disappeared, the widgets were not well implemented and no update for Always On Display even though the hardware was capable of doing it. It might not be as efficient as the 14 pro max but they still could have included it in an update and let the user choose.

I had to get rid of my 13PM so I was thinking of a 14PM but the ugly pill cut out - which is apparently a new feature with dynamic island and lack of sim tray for several hundred more with trade in just wasn't worth it. Although I did really fall in love with that deep purple color. Lol.

Now I have a Pixel 7 Pro and Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra and it barely cost me anything out of pocket compared to the hundreds I would have had to pay just to get the 14PM.

I still like iOS and iPhone despite all of that but I am going to wait for the upcoming SE and hopefully get it cheap as a backup phone to my s23 ultra. May sell the Pixel when I do. However the new Pixel 8 pro is looking pretty interesting.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I was trying to respond to you both. It didn't show both posts but you said this is why you stick with Samsung.

I love Samsung phones and have been using them since at least the s4. But I don't think that it is either Apple or Samsung.

I agree that a lot of Android OEM'S are not very good - Looking at you Lenovo/Motorola - but some like Pixel are really decent contenders considering the cost. Since the person was talking about Pixel and you responded saying that you think only Samsung is a decent Android OEM I thought you were also including Pixel in your statement.

No worries. I am not trying to tell you what is right.

I just think the Pixel 7 Pro is a highly underrated phone and I have a feeling that the Pixel 8 Pro is going to be another really strong release for Google.

I wouldn't veer to far away from Samsung or Pixel on the Android side of things though so I agree with your statement to a point.

My initial response was to point out that choice has it's flaws. And I'm speaking more from a hardware aspect. I feel like I would be taking a risk even with mid-range Samsung phones.

It's the same with TV's. My first SmartTV with an Android OS was complete garbage, it was a Hisense brand. But now I have a Sony TV with Android, and it's amazing.

iOS is must harder to judge, cause we only know it on iPhones and iPads. If other manufacturers had access to iOS, then iOS would be much more criticized, besides the typical "boring" statement.

Reactions: Technerd108

BaErv

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
I totally agree with you.

I had a 13 Pro Max and I really loved that phone. It is probably my all time favorite iPhone. The cameras were a little weak but overall with Pro motion, big screen, 5g, and the best battery life I ever had on a phone UNTIL iOS 16. Also the year I had it until iOS 16 it was super stable. After iOS 16 my battery life went down 30% and I have never experienced such a thing on any software release. It was also buggy. My wallpapers disappeared, the widgets were not well implemented and no update for Always On Display even though the hardware was capable of doing it. It might not be as efficient as the 14 pro max but they still could have included it in an update and let the user choose.

I had to get rid of my 13PM so I was thinking of a 14PM but the ugly pill cut out - which is apparently a new feature with dynamic island and lack of sim tray for several hundred more with trade in just wasn't worth it. Although I did really fall in love with that deep purple color. Lol.

Now I have a Pixel 7 Pro and Samsung Galaxy s23 ultra and it barely cost me anything out of pocket compared to the hundreds I would have had to pay just to get the 14PM.

I still like iOS and iPhone despite all of that but I am going to wait for the upcoming SE and hopefully get it cheap as a backup phone to my s23 ultra. May sell the Pixel when I do. However the new Pixel 8 pro is looking pretty interesting.
The sim tray thing is what finally pushed me over the edge. I travel extensively and navigating an eSim addition at some BFE airport in Laos or Albania is not something I going to tackle. I can buy a 14PM in Asia with a sim tray but the cost is generally running $100/200 more than the US. Bottom line is Apple is making it more and more difficult to ignore their improved limitations.

Reactions: dk001

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
When someone mentions "lag" on a modern Android flagship phone, I tend to stop reading, it was definitely a point worth considering 5 or 10 years ago but now, it is just used by people that obviously haven't ever tried a modern Galaxy/Pixel pro and want to justify their purchase of their other named flagship phone. If there is lag, it is a faulty phone and not endemic with the whole release and can be replaced or sorted in phone.

It seems that the better that Android flagship phones get, the more inaccurate information is typed about them. What I will say is that iOS is very stable, but, if you take an iPhone 10 and an iPhone 14, nothing much has changed. Try comparing a 4 year old Galaxy with a modern one and the innovation is just there for everyone to see, it is a completely different phone, it's amazing how far it has come.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a fabulous phone, but so are other flagship phones, the problem is that some people are so tribal when it comes to a company that really only wants ones money and doesn't give it's customers a second thought other than "how can we entice them to buy." I am not just referencing Apple, Samsung et al are all there to make money for their shareholders, but, misguided loyalty is one of the greatest enemies to innovation and often stifles a company from giving of it's best and the "loyal" customer is the one to suffer, "Dynamic island" as the standout new feature is just one example.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023
With Best Buy having $200 off on the 23 Ultra that makes for temptation!
You know you want it......👺............🤪

For the rest of the conversation here, There are no bad phones anymore besides say the Samsung a03s. Move up one tier from that one to the a14, and yes it's cheap feeling etc, it's not a bad phone. It does everything you need quickly, and effortlessly. It's not like 10 years ago when low priced android phones were frustratingly slow.

These days you pay extra for things like glass backs, wireless charging and 120hz screens that 99 percent of people don't even use or notice.

The choices are great, apple makes awesome phones, most of the rest of the manufacturers make awesome phones. There are no wrong choices anymore. I have a Motorola G 5g right now along with my iPhone 13. Both are great to use. The moto is just as "snappy" as my iPhone. The iPhone is obviously more premium feeling, but the moto has alot of features that make it worth the money. Expandable storage, a decent android skin, customizability, nice screen that's actually 90hz, decent camera and more...oh, the battery life of the G is much better than my iPhone 13 as well.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
You know you want it......👺............🤪

For the rest of the conversation here, There are no bad phones anymore besides say the Samsung a03s. Move up one tier from that one to the a14, and yes it's cheap feeling etc, it's not a bad phone. It does everything you need quickly, and effortlessly. It's not like 10 years ago when low priced android phones were frustratingly slow.

These days you pay extra for things like glass backs, wireless charging and 120hz screens that 99 percent of people don't even use or notice.

The choices are great, apple makes awesome phones, most of the rest of the manufacturers make awesome phones. There are no wrong choices anymore. I have a Motorola G 5g right now along with my iPhone 13. Both are great to use. The moto is just as "snappy" as my iPhone. The iPhone is obviously more premium feeling, but the moto has alot of features that make it worth the money. Expandable storage, a decent android skin, customizability, nice screen that's actually 90hz, decent camera and more...oh, the battery life of the G is much better than my iPhone 13 as well.
That green!!!

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
No Apple Watch. This can be a problem for many people
No Messages. Depending on what your friends and family are using, this could also be a problem
No Safari - That's definitely not an issue
No Handoff or Continuity. - Not a big issue
No Apple Pay. - Use Google Pay instead
No Apple TV+. - Just use Apple TV+ with an AppleTV device.
No Apple Passwords. - Use 1Password. Much better and cross-platform
No Calls on your Mac. - I found that very annoying, so it's a good thing my Macs can remain Macs.
No Apple Notes. - There are many alternatives
No Apple Maps. - Google Maps
No Apple Reminders. - Many alternatives
No Apple Photos. - Google Photos is much better
No Apple Fitness. - Yeah, right..Who cares?
No Apple Numbers, Pages, Keynote. - I use all three apps on my Macs and don't care not having them on my Phone.
No iCloud Drive. - Google Drive is better
No syncing data with any apps piggybacking on iCloud Drive storage. Not an issue

You can use your AirPods Pro over bluetooth on Android.
You can use Apple Music on Android.

Your phone will send a heck of a lot of data to Google and Samsung, but most people don't care about that.

The way macOS and all your other Apple devices play nicely together is unrivalled by anyone else. That seamless cross-device experience will be the thing you miss the most.

If you're heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, I think it's unlikely the exciting newness of a Galaxy S23 Ultra will remain appealing for long. If your iPhone is your main device however, transitioning to Samsung and Android could work out for you.

Apr 12, 2023
Nailed it 100 percent. For every "negative" that was posted there is a cross platform solution that is 99 times out of 100 better in terms of functionality.

As for the phone sending data. Guess what everyone....Your iPhone does the exact same thing, just that you cannot control any of it, and it's not available to be seen in the OS. They (manufacturers google, apple, etc ), are ALL THE SAME. It's just that google is transparent in what they collect, apple is shady.

ananniamul

Suspended
Jun 2, 2023
Bangladesh
I'm getting a bit bored of Apple, and am thinking of trying something new.

I believe that Android is much more customisable than iOS, and that interests me.

How well will an S23 integrate with my Macs? I'm pretty sure it won't work with my AirPods Pro, Apple Watch or Apple TV?

So, have any of you made the switch? If so, what was your experience?

The integration between the S23 and your Macs will be limited, as Android phones do not have the same level of integration with macOS as iPhones do. However, there are a few things that you can do to make the experience more seamless.

You can use the Android File Transfer app to transfer files between your phone and your Mac. And at the same time, you can use the Samsung DeX app to turn your phone into a desktop-like interface when connected to your Mac.

Reactions: dk001

ajf.350d

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2010
Worcestershire, UK
I think I've switched to Android three times, then moved back.
I love the wider range of specs, and always feel Android flagships are more 'high tech' exciting than a new iPhone.
Difficult to put in words really.
On the other hand, biggest thing that got me every time was Handoff for messages, especially txt messages for MFA logins, which I use a lot.
Might seem minor, but lacking the ability to just get that text on iPad or Mac simply and easily was just something too annoying.
I also sometimes used 3rd party camera apps, and in most cases these would NOT work with the additional lenses on Samsungs.

Photos I sync to OneDrive anyway, so just a matter of using that on Android.
AirPods worked fine, in fact I've used those on my LG TV as well.

Reactions: danb1979

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
I think I've switched to Android three times, then moved back.
I love the wider range of specs, and always feel Android flagships are more 'high tech' exciting than a new iPhone.
Difficult to put in words really.
On the other hand, biggest thing that got me every time was Handoff for messages, especially txt messages for MFA logins, which I use a lot.
Might seem minor, but lacking the ability to just get that text on iPad or Mac simply and easily was just something too annoying.
I also sometimes used 3rd party camera apps, and in most cases these would NOT work with the additional lenses on Samsungs.

Photos I sync to OneDrive anyway, so just a matter of using that on Android.
AirPods worked fine, in fact I've used those on my LG TV as well.

Same

I'll be sticking with iPhones for a while now I think, which is unlike me as I've been Android for the last 5-6 years until I bought the 12 Pro Max and have stuck with them since!

The S23U lasted 3 weeks with me until I sold it and went back to a 14PM

I've got rid of all my Android devices now (had a declutter); have an A53 5G for my works mobile and I've got my Pixel 4XL still that I'll never sell; still think the camera capabilities on that are amazing

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Just bought an s23 ultra. Will be keeping my 14 PM for a while though as I’ve made the mistake of selling my iPhone prematurely and then having to re buy 1. To be honest at this stage, I’d just wait for the iPhone 15 if that was the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.