Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Get an atv 2 used and jailbreak it or get one alreadt jailbroken on ebay. Either way a jb atv is fantastic. Literally thousands of tv programs and movies including the mist current ALL free. BBC 1 and 2 live etc. since i had mine i only watch cable for news and some special stuff. Dont even use my roku anymore or my htpc. The atv2 JB is pretty amazing. I have a second one already JB still in the box that i havent set up, and an atv2 that i'll jailbreak when i have time.

MichaelLAX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
...How To Watch Hulu on Apple TV 2 iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken Seasonpass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKYTs7gSLts...

Hey Jon: NICE WORK!

Since I already have the FireCore jailbreak/upgrade for the ATV2, your instructions sync nicely with the work already done by FireCore.

NOTE: this post on the FireCore Forums, which sync's your instructions with those already installed by FireCore:

Re: Hulu working perfectly though XBMC

Now, I am going to see if I can implement your instructions on the FireCore update for the ATV1...

msugi07

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2010
Keep this in mind... All jailbreaks will need to be refresh after tomorrow with the WWDC

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah...I'm not interested in adding complexity by installing services and streaming it from my NAS or my computer, I want my "TV device" to read network shares (like my NAS) and pull the media off. The WD TV Live Plus does an OK job of it for what I use it for - but it's certainly not intuitive or have a "pretty" UI.

I have the Live Plus and Live Hub. The Hub is a huge upgrade. Just wish it had a way to use AirPlay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.