Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
Was paying all that money for email. Wasn't worth it. Switched to gmail.

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
My MM just expired and it's still not too late to renew, but I just don't think it's worth the money anymore for just the email address. I don't really use the iPhone features as much as I thought I would.

Let's Sekuhara!

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
日本
Wise up!

Think about it from Apple's perspective:
They can get $99 a year out of you and all they have to provide you with is 20GB of online storage and some crappy sync services. It's pure profit for them.

Google and Dropbox are giving these things to you for free.
By renewing MobileMe you are sending the message that you want Apple to take advantage of you. As long as there are gullible people willing to pay, Apple has no reason to deliver a better service or lower the price.

The Mac has earned its price tag. MobileMe has not.
Apple is laughing at you as they take your money.
If you have paid for MobileMe for 2~3 years you could have owned an iPhone instead. If you have paid for it for 6 years you could have owned a Mac mini instead. If you have paid for it for 10 years you could have owned a MacBook instead. Think about it. Wise up. :mad:

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Think about it from Apple's perspective:
They can get $99 a year out of you and all they have to provide you with is 20GB of online storage and some crappy sync services. It's pure profit for them.

By renewing MobileMe you are sending the message that you want Apple to take advantage of you. As long as there are gullible people willing to pay, Apple has no reason to deliver a better service or lower the price.

If you have paid for MobileMe for 2~3 years you could have owned an iPhone instead. If you have paid for it for 6 years you could have owned a Mac mini instead. If you have paid for it for 10 years you could have owned a MacBook instead. Think about it. Wise up. :mad:
It's earned it's price tag if it meets the needs that you are looking for.

One of the greatest things MobileMe does is it keeps contacts and bookmarks synced between multiple iPhones and multiple Macs without having to add them to each iPhone and computer. It does it within seconds on each one of those over the air. Google and Drop Box can't do that. Well worth $99 to me.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I just purchased MobileMe and love it.

It tracks my iPhone if I lose it, the online storage is nice but if I stored everything I needed to back up online it would cost me a fortune so I don't use it much. The biggest draw is:

MobileMe + Rapid Weaver = super easily updated blog :D

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.

... Good point about the prices and things, but do you trust Google? :confused: :\

Dropbox is ok but there are some security features that could be added. Mozy allows own private keys while Dropbox sends things in plaintext(?)/with their own encryption key, and with the web interface, the possibility of your stuff being accessed is high.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
I'm using the trail right now. At first I was really into it, and loved the photo gallery. But now I'm having all sorts of weird problems with the gallerys and no one seems to be able to help me, so I'm thinking it's just more trouble than it's worth.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I'm thinking of.

My hopes of future upgrades to MobileMe:
* multiple domain names for web sites
* ability to use alternative domain name for email address
* usable iDisk, its been crap since day 1.. and Apple have never addressed this - just way too slow to be usable

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I've been a MobileMe subscriber for almost a year now and I'm definitely renewing. I haven't had ANY problems, and yet I read about all kinds of glitches and down time with Google's services. Google may be luring everyone to their services, but don't think for a minute that these services are FREE. It's only a matter of time before privacy becomes the cost of using these services. I'm glad that there are alternatives to Google, but it's pretty scary that everyone seems to be trusting Google with more and more of their personal information.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
I've had mine since the summer (august or so), and the main reason I still like it is I can sync my address book, calendar, and other from my iPhone to a Mac. I also like being able to sync from one mac to another.

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
I am on my second year. Purchased at a discount on ebay.

The sync with my two PC's, iphone, Mac Mini, and the Cloud is nice.

I like the idisk for storing, sharing moving files. I do not use it alot, but does make it easy.

I use the gallery alot for a backup and organized photos. Also makes it easy to share a recent event with others and they upload their pictures.

My problems:
1. Gallery names will not sort alpha numberic. (no reason not to).
2. Browser viewing of MM can refresh alot and totally lose your calendar entry and I use Safari only for it.
3. Safari is the only broswer thats stable with MM (warns you not to use IE)
4. Needs a To Do list (With reminder or roll over option).

jeremyisweary

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2010
Dallas, TX
Honestly, MobileMe's different features can be duplicated by free/cheap alternatives. However, I just like having it all in one place. If you plan on migrating to a new computer, I'd use it or at least the trial. It made transferring all of my contacts rather simple.

I do think Apple needs to lower the price. It should be included in the purchase of an Apple Care plan for a mac.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I am on my second year. I just love how easily everything integrates with my set of macs and iPhone, and all in one place.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
I just renewed

With family scattered all over the country, MM Gallery is an easy way to share photos. iDisk may be slow, but my stuff is stored off the premises. I have a .mac email address. And it's all integrated and easy to use. I likes it! :)

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2008
I've had is since it's beginning. It's invaluable to me for the syncing between iphone and mac. Will definitely be renewing my subscription again

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
So, how is using a BlackBerry with MobileMe?

(I've got five Macs and two BlackBerries [and I don't want to get involved with AT&T never, ever, again, period.]) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.