Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.finch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2017
I have JDS Lab The Elemen Amp/Dac. With my old iPad 4 (2012, ios 10) i had no problem connecting to my amp via Apple's USB/Lightning adapter and listening music. Last week i bought iPad Air 4 and Apple's USB-C/USB adapter but music not working with my setup. It plays just 2 seconds without sound and stops working. When i check volume bar it recognizes my amp but not working. But when i try it with my old iPad 4 it works without any problem.

I already tried 4 different hubs and a direct usb 2.0 type-b/usb-c direct cable. I can connect flash disk, external hdd to type-c without any problem.

Anybody has an idea to fix it? Or experienced with the same issues? Thanks.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I currently use a Fiio K1 USB DAC on my Ipad Air 4 and it works without fail via a USBC Male to USBA Female adaptor, and my music sounds really good. I just had a look at your JDS Lab The Element, and I suspect that it probably requires more power than USB C can provide it, and so will likely need its own power source if this makes sense.

EDIT - Apologies looking again, your JDS Lab The Element does actually have its own mains power source. Strange it should work fine then.

Last edited:

mr.finch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2017
I currently use a Fiio K1 USB DAC on my Ipad Air 4 and it works without fail via a USBC Male to USBA Female adaptor, and my music sounds really good. I just had a look at your JDS Lab The Element, and I suspect that it probably requires more power than USB C can provide it, and so will likely need its own power source if this makes sense.

EDIT - Apologies looking again, your JDS Lab The Element does actually have its own mains power source. Strange it should work fine then.
Thanks for your reply.
I brought my iPad to the Apple store for technical support. And sound output problem caused by hardware failure of my iPad. They replaced it and works without any problem now.

Reactions: snipr125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.