Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abeasom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
I tried to make a backup of my iPhone through finder today and it is telling me there's not enough storage on my Mac Pro, which is not true. Going through my Phone storage it is saying my Health app is using 1.61TB, which is ridiculous because the phone is only 256GB, so something is corrupted.
I can not restore from my Finder backup because it is from iOS 13.7. This is a big problem. Apple says it might be a bug and they are going talk to engineers.
Anyone have any clues on how I can fix this without resorting to erasing the phone and losing my data. I do not wish to delete any of the health data I have collected over the past 6 years.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Interesting. I think there is something going on with the health app. My friend and I are noticing it is taking up a ton of % on our battery by app usage. Mine is showing 69% and I havent even opened the app today.

Reactions: Gypsyfootedjedi

abeasom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Yes. Never saw it before in iOS13.
[automerge]1600464253[/automerge]
If you can, call Apple and tell them. This needs fixed yesterday.

accordman

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2018
Interesting. I think there is something going on with the health app. My friend and I are noticing it is taking up a ton of % on our battery by app usage. Mine is showing 69% and I havent even opened the app today.
Yes same here on my iPhone XS. Tons of battery used and it’s dying really quickly

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
TB? pfft, mine is using 33,59 PB!!! :D Has been like this since I started using the iOS 14 beta. I can't back up my phone to my main mac too.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Haven't had that issue but you do know health keeps you steps, distance etc. for ever unless you go in delete (which isn't the best process). Shouldn't add that much data but it does add data

abeasom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Haven't had that issue but you do know health keeps you steps, distance etc. for ever unless you go in delete (which isn't the best process). Shouldn't add that much data but it does add data
I understand that. Obviously something is wrong as it’s reporting it’s using 1.61TB when the iPhone only holds 256GB.

a123sl

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Wish I could do that. My backup is from 13.7. Does me no good having iOS14 installed now

I store copies in iCloud, its size hasn't changed in any way. In your case, installing the next version of iOS 14.2 is likely to help

Mixelangelo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020
I had this happen to me- I wiped my phone and started from scratch. Problem gone.
Weird.

Do you have your health data back or you had to wipe it permanently?

I think the problem is coused by a bug in handling old health data so I wonder if the cost is to give up the old data after the wipe.

ChpTrk

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
My Health app is at 63.62 PB. I must have the world's biggest iPhone. What do I win?

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
I tried to make a backup of my iPhone through finder today and it is telling me there's not enough storage on my Mac Pro, which is not true. Going through my Phone storage it is saying my Health app is using 1.61TB, which is ridiculous because the phone is only 256GB, so something is corrupted.
I can not restore from my Finder backup because it is from iOS 13.7. This is a big problem. Apple says it might be a bug and they are going talk to engineers.
Anyone have any clues on how I can fix this without resorting to erasing the phone and losing my data. I do not wish to delete any of the health data I have collected over the past 6 years.

i just discovered I have the exact problem: 1.61 TB in health. On a 128gb phone.That’s like putting a yacht in the palm of my hand.

Anybody come up with an idea that isn’t erasing an entire iPhone. All my watch settings are on this phone, so I’d be redoing all that too. ?

abeasom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
i just discovered I have the exact problem: 1.61 TB in health. On a 128gb phone.That’s like putting a yacht in the palm of my hand.

Anybody come up with an idea that isn’t erasing an entire iPhone. All my watch settings are on this phone, so I’d be redoing all that too. ?
My XS Max died last week. I had to get a new phone. I restored from my backup of 13.7 and the 1.61TB problem is gone.

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
My XS Max died last week. I had to get a new phone. I restored from my backup of 13.7 and the 1.61TB problem is gone.

Condolences: it’s not fun when a phone dies.
Did you have to search through old backups or was the 13.7 your most recent?

abeasom

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Condolences: it’s not fun when a phone dies.
Did you have to search through old backups or was the 13.7 your most recent?
It was my most recent. I couldn’t make anything newer because iOS 14 screwed it up with its 1.61TB. Computer said not enough storage to make back up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.