Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Been using the 15+ and no issues here. No overheating and I agree the battery life is amazing. I am using the new 80% battery optimization and I do pretty well all day with regular use (social, phone calls, emails, etc).

Reactions: Hal~9000 and srikat

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
how are the photos? ok? I would say I am not blown away by the 15PM camera..
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get "Pro" quality but if you use it for social media use, like Instagram - I think its more than enough. I saw someone post this:

48MP/24MP
26mm equiv.
8x6mm sensor

About double the size of the iPhone 14/14 Plus but still less than iPhone 14-15 pro line.

source: Dpreview

Reactions: kp98077

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get "Pro" quality but if you use it for social media use, like Instagram - I think its more than enough. I saw someone post this:

48MP/24MP
26mm equiv.
8x6mm sensor

About double the size of the iPhone 14/14 Plus but still less than iPhone 14-15 pro line.

Yeah should be close? Just. It sure is the plus has this f stop which blurs background so nicely!

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: HeyMazza

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011

48MP/24MP
26mm equiv.
8x6mm sensor

I am the kind of person that just points and shoots. I do not even zoom most of the time.

For me, there shouldn't be any difference w.r.t camera improvements in the Pro models. Correct?

Update: Ordered a 15 Plus 128GB Black.

Last edited:
Reactions: shr631

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
are most people getting the black model or the blue/white? I have the black currently, only had heat issue upon set up then went away completely

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
are most people getting the black model or the blue/white? I have the black currently, only had heat issue upon set up then went away completely
I’m getting black. For the first time ever it was the only color I was interested in getting. Normally there are 2 or 3 that I like.

Reactions: kp98077

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

Light colors are more popular. Same with the Pro models. People want to show off the camera lenses.

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
I’m on day 5th of my 15 Plus. No heating issues. No other issues. Very happy with it. If it’s true that its battery life exceeds that of the 15 PM, that makes it a very solid choice. I went with yellow. The yellow in person is much different from on the Apple promo shots. Much more muted. Barely yellow. I have wondered every now and then whether I regret my color choice, but it is growing on me.

Reactions: shr631

5x10

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2018
No heat here

My daughter got her phone yesterday, fully charged it and the put it through 6-7 hours of consistent use and only got it down to 65%

Her 12 pro would be close to 10%, possibly single digit (I know it’s not a fair comparison)

I’ll try to find the article I read, claiming this has the best battery of any phone tested

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I still have my 13PM so have been doing similar tasks on both, streaming Netflix, web browsing, photo editing editing and both phone get about the same temperature. So now I’m having seconds thoughts.

Btw try browsing the Patagonia.com website for 5+ minutes. Both phone became pretty toasty one the back top next to the camera. Weird!

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I still have my 13PM so have been doing similar tasks on both, streaming Netflix, web browsing, photo editing editing and both phone get about the same temperature. So now I’m having seconds thoughts.

Btw try browsing the Patagonia.com website for 5+ minutes. Both phone became pretty toasty one the back top next to the camera. Weird!
so do you think its move of a software issue then, given its happening on your two devices?

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Does the iPhone 15 Plus have the same heat issues the 15 PM is experiencing?

I got a 15PM on launch day, coming from a 13PM. It warms up more than I'd like, even when general browsing of Mac rumors site, and this may be a deal breaker so am thinking of moving to a 15 PP.
Been using a 15 Plus since launch day. No heat issues for me.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007

Btw try browsing the Patagonia.com website for 5+ minutes. Both phone became pretty toasty one the back top next to the camera. Werkd
so do you think its move of a software issue then, given its happening on your two devices?
I don’t know because I never paid much attention to the 13PM getting warm before. I know it did, but didn’t really pay attention to when until now. The one overheating issue I had with my 15PM where it was almost too hot to hold was when I had the camera app open for all a long time. Not to the point where i got a warning message but shutting it down didn’t work, only a hard restart. My 13PM would also get pretty hot if it left the camera app open by accident.

I’m really drawn to the extra battery life potential of the plus but don’t want to give up the 5x zoom.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
15 Plus has last years chip. If it was warm we would already know from 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max. And we didn't hear this last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.