Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woody1073

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
I still have my 13PM so have been doing similar tasks on both, streaming Netflix, web browsing, photo editing editing and both phone get about the same temperature. So now I’m having seconds thoughts.

Btw try browsing the Patagonia.com website for 5+ minutes. Both phone became pretty toasty one the back top next to the camera. Werkd

I don’t know because I never paid much attention to the 13PM getting warm before. I know it did, but didn’t really pay attention to when until now. The one overheating issue I had with my 15PM where it was almost too hot to hold was when I had the camera app open for all a long time. Not to the point where i got a warning message but shutting it down didn’t work, only a hard restart. My 13PM would also get pretty hot if it left the camera app open by accident.

I’m really drawn to the extra battery life potential of the plus but don’t want to give up the 5x zoom.
I have the iPhone 15 Plus and earlier today I did a 45 mile trip in my car using my iPhone as a sat nav so the screen was constantly on quite bright and also the navigation using gps all for 45 miles (around 1 hour 10 minutes) and my phone used up 3% of battery, start of the journey was 98% and when I parked my car at the end of the journey it was on 95% I’m really impressed and would take battery life over cameras any day but that’s my personal preference.

Reactions: crouch

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I had my second hot iPhone experience today taking video 4k 60. This was like my only other hot experience last Monday. Both times I was in a place indoors with bad cell reception. Hmm. Btw I was taking video earlier in the day, multiple clips. Phone got warm, but not hot.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Does the iPhone 15 Plus have the same heat issues the 15 PM is experiencing?

I got a 15PM on launch day, coming from a 13PM. It warms up more than I'd like, even when general browsing of Mac rumors site, and this may be a deal breaker so am thinking of moving to a 15 PP.
To verify if this occurs with iPhone 15 plus, get one and test it so you can make a decision by your own experience, which is the best. Then, decide which one you want to keep within 14 days of receiving your iPhone 15 pro max. The 15 plus supply should be much much better than 15 pro max supply at stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.