Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
i deleted pangu from iPhone. Then restored iPhone and cydia app still exist. So I reinstalled pangu. Now I can't use or see the packages. How can I fix cydia? Or how can I get rid of cydia?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,763

Khx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
You need to go into DFU and then restore your phone.
Just
You need to go into DFU and then restore your phone.
just tried that. Nope cydia is still there
[doublepost=1470018779][/doublepost]Any thing I can do to fix cydia? The errors in the picture? Seems like whatever I do cydia is staying with my iPhone. Factory restore, iTunes restore, dfu mode restore all
Have failed to rid cydia.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
that is not possible I have been jail breaking phones since they invented the word... there's no such thing... if you have successfully put a new piece of software on the phone it's a reformat and new copy how can there be anything on your phone are you restoring from a back up?

Reactions: bandofbrothers

Khx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
saying it's not possible is not any help lol. Yeah I erase all content and settings. And then restore as new phone on iTunes. Cydia is still there. I have jail broken my previous iPhones. And all it took was to restore to factory and back up from iTunes. All would be good. But not this time. I guess cydia came factory with this iPhone. Well if I can't get rid of cydia, can anyone help me fix cydia? It gives me that cannot load, and packages can't laod error message. I can't get rid of it and cannot use it wtf? It's irritating

Khx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
There is no info about this on the Internet, YouTube. I created an account in here as a last option to get help. Don't buy it, it's not your problem, it's mines.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Use GOOGLE and search for DFU restore. When you finish the process, come back here to report :)

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
you do know you are supposed to save it as a new phone and not use your back up that has a JB on it

Good advice as this ensures no remanent / redundant files are put back onto the iPhone.

However personally I've been using the same backup on my stock and JB iPhone and never had an issue. Not saying others haven't.

However using a previous back up wouldn't put Cydia back onto the iPhone.

Hooking up to iTunes on a Computer and Restoring will remove the JB, associated Tweaks and files.

Reactions: jdaniel

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Never seen cydia stick around but I have seen things like carrier name changes etc stick around in backup files.

Reactions: bandofbrothers

Colevvv

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2016
Connecticut
Never seen cydia stick around but I have seen things like carrier name changes etc stick around in backup files.
Just made this account because the same thing is happening with me. Tried restoring multiple times with a backup and also tried restoring to factory settings. Each time Cydia and all the other tweaks have stayed on the phone. And even when I redone loaded pangu Cydia still doesn't work. Need help

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Just made this account because the same thing is happening with me. Tried restoring multiple times with a backup and also tried restoring to factory settings. Each time Cydia and all the other tweaks have stayed on the phone. And even when I redone loaded pangu Cydia still doesn't work. Need help

Do not press the "upgrade" option in iTunes, you have to press the "restore" option in iTunes. Do not restore from back up, you have to start as new.

That will make sure you will not have cydia on your phone after the restore.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
As above you cannot use a backup unless it was from BEFORE the jailbrake.

Bambi XI

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2017
yeah I'm not buying his story about cydia staying lol after he restored it's just not possible maybe he got himself a fake iPhone lol or something

Well believe it or not, he isn't telling a story. My iPhone has been doing the same thing when i try to restore. I do partially think the problem comes from using a Cydia tweak that lets you reset your iPhone without updating. This person probably has a new phone, or even fixed the problem, but i just wanted to address the situation.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
yeah I'm not buying his story about cydia staying lol after he restored it's just not possible maybe he got himself a fake iPhone lol or something
I had the same thing happened on my iPad Pro. Cydia would come back because I was restoring my backup from when I was jailbroken. You have to restore as new and not use an old backup.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well believe it or not, he isn't telling a story. My iPhone has been doing the same thing when i try to restore. I do partially think the problem comes from using a Cydia tweak that lets you reset your iPhone without updating. This person probably has a new phone, or even fixed the problem, but i just wanted to address the situation.

Correct, restore via itunes and setup as new.
And stop replying to threads from 2016.

Bhavyesh

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2017
saying it's not possible is not any help lol. Yeah I erase all content and settings. And then restore as new phone on iTunes. Cydia is still there. I have jail broken my previous iPhones. And all it took was to restore to factory and back up from iTunes. All would be good. But not this time. I guess cydia came factory with this iPhone. Well if I can't get rid of cydia, can anyone help me fix cydia? It gives me that cannot load, and packages can't laod error message. I can't get rid of it and cannot use it wtf? It's irritating
I am facing same problem for my iPhone 5 ios10.3.3 jailbreak by H3lix

geniusbartender

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018

Hey professor. This type of thing happens to a lot of people. I have the same exact problem after erasing everything off my phone. Don’t discredit people when you have next to no knowledge on the subject

JTuCk856

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2019
I dont get why people dont just listen.. Dont restore from a backup that was made while jailbroken. If you do, this will be a repeat cycle. You have to restore from a backup made previous to the jailbreak or set up as a new iphone... PROBLEM SOLVED just in case anyone else is looking for an answer when they stumble across google results to here.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.