Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dedestro

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2019
I dont get why people dont just listen.. Dont restore from a backup that was made while jailbroken. If you do, this will be a repeat cycle. You have to restore from a backup made previous to the jailbreak or set up as a new iphone... PROBLEM SOLVED just in case anyone else is looking for an answer when they stumble across google results to here.

Perhaps people get a phone and don't create a backup. I got a phone and quickly jailbroke to see if I could. Now I can't get rid of the cydia app on my screen so this is clearly not the right answer. There is no itunes option that lets me set up as new phone and no itunes options to let me restore iphone since I don't have a backup at all.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Perhaps people get a phone and don't create a backup. I got a phone and quickly jailbroke to see if I could. Now I can't get rid of the cydia app on my screen so this is clearly not the right answer. There is no itunes option that lets me set up as new phone and no itunes options to let me restore iphone since I don't have a backup at all.
Best way to remove everything (and do a clean iTunes restore) is through DFU mode.
https://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode
Once you have restored, you will see the "set up as new phone" option. That option does not appear BEFORE you restore, but you will see it after the DFU restore.

Reactions: eyoungren

Derrick20oz

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2019
I dont get why people dont just listen.. Dont restore from a backup that was made while jailbroken. If you do, this will be a repeat cycle. You have to restore from a backup made previous to the jailbreak or set up as a new iphone... PROBLEM SOLVED just in case anyone else is looking for an answer when they stumble across google results to here.
So, literally created a back up before jailbreaking my phone and Cydia is still around. I hear you about not using a back up from the jailbreak, I 100% made sure I pulled from the backup prior to the Jailbreak.

TrixieWanna

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2019
So, literally created a back up before jailbreaking my phone and Cydia is still around. I hear you about not using a back up from the jailbreak, I 100% made sure I pulled from the backup prior to the Jailbreak.

I'm in the same ****.
I even tried using a backup from my daughter instead of my own....She has never jailbroken her phone. I promise. She1s nine. Cydia is still around. When setting up as a new phone, and whatever.... The phone must be broken or something. I give up.

Quig0ne

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2019
I'm in the same ****.
I even tried using a backup from my daughter instead of my own....She has never jailbroken her phone. I promise. She1s nine. Cydia is still around. When setting up as a new phone, and whatever.... The phone must be broken or something. I give up.

Almost lost all hope with my iPhone 5 10.3.3 on h3lix until I saw all you guys with the same issue, what kind of iron clad error is this I’ve never come across such a resilient inexplicable issue with jailbreaking.
i Hope somebody finds a solution and will post if I manage to sort it

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
All posts about Cydia not being removed after dfu restore all come from newbies. Coincidence? I don’t think so. I don’t see what he gets out of creating fake accounts and asking the same thing lol

magisterator

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2021
i deleted pangu from iPhone. Then restored iPhone and cydia app still exist. So I reinstalled pangu. Now I can't use or see the packages. How can I fix cydia? Or how can I get rid of cydia?
Found the answer dude. First read my comment and click the youtube link to get out of jailbreak with cydia and jailbroken apps out of the system, Go to the second paragraphs for answers, this para is just my intro and rants.
Well basically watch the below video. What I did was that, I had same problem as you. there is Cydia and other jailbroken apps even after my full iphone rest ( with erase all contennts and settings. and Eventually while googling i came to this post, which still was useless as everyone was shaming you instead.

So what I did for the solution is that I did follow the instructions from the video below but still I had to do additional things as the similar things in video wasn't sufficient for the full reset.

So. #FYI this Tutorial is for "uncover" 7. something version's Jailbreak solution only. TO FULLy GET OUT OF THE JAILBREAK

( if you're in an uncover jailbroken state Skip to Step 3 )
1. Download install Altstore, as you have previously done. download uncover 7 or higher into your phone and open it via Altstore, ( This should install uncover into your system ). ( FYI check if you have trusted ALTSTORE into your iphone Settings -> General -> Device ( Something ) there should be a setting to Trust altstore.
2. After you have uncover into you iphone,
i.open uncover and click the setting's icon, check "on" on the boxes where there is reinstall cydia, block auto updates, refresh icons) and then click done then jailbreak your iphone.

Rejailbreak you phone with the uncover ( if you had jailbroken previously via Uncover ) ( this is important
3. Then after successful jailbreak. restart your iphone again into unjailbroken state ( i mean where you have to rejailbreak via uncover again ) So, after restart your phone should be in an unjailbroken State.

4. Open Uncover, Click it's settings Now. do this carefully / like in the youtube video.
( UNCHECK "Block updates" and "Reinstall CYDIA" )
( CHECK "Root FS" , "Refresh icon" , "load tweaks" and "logs". ) ike on the Utube video. and CLick done.

5. Now click Root FS on your uncover, let it run. If it's unsuccessful, Hard Restart again.
( Hard Restart via " Click Volume up button fast and release, click Volume down button fast and release and then click Powerbutton until apple logo comes and restarts itself and the release the power button.
( Hard Restart should be done like (press vol Up (less than half a sec) and release,Press vol down ( less than half a second and release ) and then press power button for 30 seconds or so Until apple button shows up.

6. Retry pressing Root FS again in the Uncover app, until it ask for auto reboot.

Done. It should get you fully rid of CYDIA AND Other Jailbroken Apps.

You can contact me Via Email : susenju@gmai.com or call me @ +974 5541 9066 ( Phone No.may be active until December 2022. After that I might move out from Qatar. but email will be there. I might answer this email pretty late though. so Send a couple of emails to get it my notice. but This tutorial should be enough though. :) Ciao

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.