Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexander.fdgn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2018
Anyone know here these parts go? I was replacing front screen and it probably came of either camera or home button. Its a bout 3mm wide and 2mm high

Thx!!

Reactions: 2k2dggr

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Anyone know here these parts go? I was replacing front screen and it probably came of either camera or home button. Its a bout 3mm wide and 2mm high

Thx!!

I would refer you to ifixit’s website. They have complete tear downs of iPhones. If you search for the iPhone 5s/SE, refer to the teardown and they should have pictures that might identify that specific part and where it belongs.

https://www.ifixit.com/

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I would refer you to ifixit’s website. They have complete tear downs of iPhones. If you search for the iPhone 5s/SE, refer to the teardown and they should have pictures that might identify that specific part and where it belongs.

https://www.ifixit.com/

I looked there myself before replying with this info. I looked at each photo in detail and couldn’t find what I thought was a match. I even checked the parts list and didn’t see a match.

Is there a spreadsheet with a coneolete parts list avaialbale? I think they publish them with the cost to manufacture reports:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is there a spreadsheet with a coneolete parts list avaialbale? I think they publish them with the cost to manufacture reports:

I don’t know if there’s a spreadsheet available or not. Ifixit would be the most logical place to look unless somebody else had their own tear down or there is another schematic indicating a complete parts list. In retrospect, I don’t recognize that part at all.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
Interesting problem. Searched high and low, but nowhere anything like this thing.
Its rubber, yes? What in particular is 3mm and 2mm - your measures do not fit anything. Put a ruler aside and take another picture ;-)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Interesting problem. Searched high and low, but nowhere anything like this thing.
Its rubber, yes? What in particular is 3mm and 2mm - your measures do not fit anything. Put a ruler aside and take another picture ;-)

I had to guess, I think that would likely be somewhere near the home button area. I don’t think there is enough room in that specific area near the camera module.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
Is it possible, that it broke away from a bigger part?
Rubber, you say. It is flexible?
There is a hole - so there must be a counterpart, which goes into that hole to fix something, somewhere, so any orphaned pivot for that hole?
The curved part - does it fit the size arount the homebutton somehow?

Shadow Jolteon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
It reminds me of a small piece that was on the iPhone 5s, but it's been a couple years since I was doing iPhone repairs. If it is that part, it would be adhered on the display assembly next to the front-facing camera, and then a sensor is stuck down inside it. If your replacement display didn't include the small parts, you'll need to stick it onto the screen first before screwing the cables, speaker, cameras, etc. in.

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture that clearly shows the part I'm talking about.

Reactions: Vermifuge

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It reminds me of a small piece that was on the iPhone 5s, but it's been a couple years since I was doing iPhone repairs. If it is that part, it would be adhered on the display assembly next to the front-facing camera, and then a sensor is stuck down inside it. If your replacement display didn't include the small parts, you'll need to stick it onto the screen first before screwing the cables, speaker, cameras, etc. in.

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture that clearly shows the part I'm talking about.

Actually, I think you might be correct. I think that part is more specific for the camera module area. The only reason I thought it might be the home button, is that it acts as a buffer under the spring mechanism.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
I did a Google Image search with the photo you provided, and one of the search results is you asking the same question on iFixIt's website, to which I can see another user gave you the answer. Hoorah, problem solved!

I can't help but feel slightly creepy, but I promise all searches were done with the intentions of helping. :p

In case the OP disappears for good, here is @benjamen50's answer on iFixIt:
That goes right next to the front camera.

It sits on an ambient light sensor which is where the little bent ribbon part of the front camera assembly is.

Right here marked on red:

http://prntscr.com/ipnfla

Look at the front camera cable and match it up to that place, it sits right over that thing like I said above and mounts right of the front camera plastic mount.

Reactions: Vermifuge

2k2dggr

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2019
I did a Google Image search with the photo you provided, and one of the search results is you asking the same question on iFixIt's website, to which I can see another user gave you the answer. Hoorah, problem solved!

I can't help but feel slightly creepy, but I promise all searches were done with the intentions of helping. :p

In case the OP disappears for good, here is @benjamen50's answer on iFixIt:
[doublepost=1562547079][/doublepost]I just spent an hour trying to find out where that stupid little piece goes, after fixing my daughter's iPhone> I LOVE YOU for posting this answer!

Reactions: v0lume4

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
[doublepost=1562547079][/doublepost]I just spent an hour trying to find out where that stupid little piece goes, after fixing my daughter's iPhone> I LOVE YOU for posting this answer!
You're so welcome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.