Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craftEcowgirl

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
Not the lap, my shoulders. Even with a stand/case (I have the Smart Cover) or pillow, I find I need to hold onto the sides of the iPad Pro to keep it balanced on my lap. After a while, my shoulders get stiff.

Then you need a better case. As you shouldnt need to hold it. Check out Zoogue exec for ipad pro on Amazon

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
The iPad pro will not be any bulkier than a 13" MacBook. Last time I flew, many people were using their laptops on the plane. Why would the iPP all of a sudden be "too big"?

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
No way, you'd want a Mini 4 for all this.

The Pro is going to be too bulky and unwieldy. I picture you on your flight holding that big screen taking up all the space from each arm rest thinking over and over how ridiculous it was to get this thing.

Now, that's just silly. How big do you think the IPP really is?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Then you need a better case. As you shouldnt need to hold it. Check out Zoogue exec for ipad pro on Amazon

I don't know how you sit with the iPad on your lap, but I like to shift around a lot while I read, so each time I shift I need to adjust the iPad. I don't see how a different case will help with that,

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
VPN into the enterprise, my company fully supports iOS devices
I wouldn't want to do this on an iPad. I've used GotomyPC on an iPad before and while its "functional" I'd not really want to spend an extended time trying to access a computer, resources or applications. The lack of a mouse (and for me a keyboard) was what made it a bad experience.

JonSarge3108

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2015
I wouldn't want to do this on an iPad. I've used GotomyPC on an iPad before and while its "functional" I'd not really want to spend an extended time trying to access a computer, resources or applications. The lack of a mouse (and for me a keyboard) was what made it a bad experience.
Isn't VPN different to VNC ?

One gets you into their network (VPN) and one logs you into a computer screen (VNC) ... When I used to work for a big business I had to VPN before I could even download my email due to security, but I never logged into a computer screen except my own.

Maybe someone can correct my confusion ?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Isn't VPN different to VNC ?
Yes, which is why I say computer, resources and applications ;)

Enterprise services, apps and what not are based on desktop computers, i.e., keyboard and mouse. I was on call and I needed to access the corporate network, I did it via Gotomypc because that's how my company does things. Using that without a mouse was problematic. I know the VPN is a little different but if the OP was trying to access corporate resources, those resources most likely would be built for keyboard mouse. Perhaps they're not, and I know I do things that many people don't, i.e., manage servers.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I am still trying to decide myself, but keep going back and forth. I have an Air 2 currently and have been itching to upgrade, but I am not sure if it is worth it or not. I really like the portability of my Air, but it rarely leaves the house, and I can definitely see the advantages of the screen size. I just wish the software would catch up with the hardware, but the Pro should be future proof and be perfect for iOS 10. Would love to sell my Air and MacBook Pro for a iPad Pro.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
If you want the best and can afford it then the Pro is the clear alpha tablet.

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
My iPad Pro has replaced both my iPad Air and MacBook. I use it for everything I used my MacBook/iPad combined for: browsing, Microsoft Office, light photo editing, managing a few Wordpress sites, email, watching movies, reading magazines, some very light gaming. It's more than surpassed my expectations. I imagine it'd be big for reading books on, though I still use a Kindle Paperwhite for that and did so when I had a standard iPad as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.