Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QuiteGrumpy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
South England

Attachments

• 31DC2803-F3DB-4FFE-A348-07E567A60C3B.jpeg
    31DC2803-F3DB-4FFE-A348-07E567A60C3B.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Reactions: brandscill

Bill_Mead

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
I watch all4 (4od) on Google cast but would love to see it on ATV to have everything in one nice and neat package. 4 has more shows I'm interested in compared to itv including the wonderful "Walter Presents."
Channel 4 does a good job with box sets that go back several series.

eyeballtickler7

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2015
Another response from UKTV:

Dear Viewer,

Thank you for your email.

It’s not possible to use the app with Apple TV at present but it’s one of a number of features that we are currently looking into.
[doublepost=1513001003][/doublepost]Literally just got a reply from All4 also.

"Thank you for your email regarding All 4.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your enquiry, as you have observed, we are not currently on this type of device, and I'm afraid that we do not disclose our plans for launching All 4 on new platforms to the public in advance.

Therefore, I am afraid that we can't tell you if or when we would have an Apple TV app, but can assure you that we are constantly reviewing our options regarding which devices to be on and aim to provide the best possible experience for viewers using our apps.

Thank you for taking the time to contact All 4."

Let's just keep the pressure up guys!

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
With All4 being the only hold out now is there any news regarding them making an Apple TV app?

As with the reply posted above they just don’t divulge such matters to the general public.
It happened for years with Freesat, denied all knowledge then one day out of nowhere the All4 app arrived.
If it is in the pipeline then we won’t know until it happens.

Bill_Mead

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
The fact they're talking about this long before they have anything to announce suggests to me that they must be hearing from a lot of Apple TV owners.

Richard28

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2016
I've not got the Apple TV 4 yet, and will be reviewing options when my sky package comes up for renewal.

can you tune into the live ITV / BBC broadcasts through the TV app, or is it just the catch up material that is available?

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
I've not got the Apple TV 4 yet, and will be reviewing options when my sky package comes up for renewal.

can you tune into the live ITV / BBC broadcasts through the TV app, or is it just the catch up material that is available?

You can get live streams of the channels - BBC are in HD (probably 720p), ITV are SD. I have my ATV set to my US account most of the time so I don't know whether there are links to the live channels in the TV app.

Bill_Mead

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017

Channel five is catch up only. All 4 doesn't let you play live TV using Chromecast for some reason but you can watch it live on the "small screen.". It'll be interesting what channel 4 allows on Apple TV.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
You can get live streams of the channels - BBC are in HD (probably 720p), ITV are SD. I have my ATV set to my US account most of the time so I don't know whether there are links to the live channels in the TV app.

There’s a free ‘TV Player’ app that lets you watch terristrial channels live.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Hurry up Channel 4. Getting bored waiting for them to sort their **** out and release their app. It’s been in development for some time now.

When it’s done we’re one step closer to full Apple TV life!

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Wow. It's a Christmas Miracle! :)
[doublepost=1545086875][/doublepost]So, good news. It's ALL4 on the Apple TV.

Bad news, It' doesn't seem to tie in with the Apple TV App at all. Which kind of sucks.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
Wow. It's a Christmas Miracle! :)
[doublepost=1545086875][/doublepost]So, good news. It's ALL4 on the Apple TV.

Bad news, It' doesn't seem to tie in with the Apple TV App at all. Which kind of sucks.
Weird choice to ignore the TV app. Still, better than nothing.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Furious about lack of Up Next / TV app.

Joins Netflix in being difficult about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.