Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Logodude

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2013
What it does: allows you to launch an app by dialing a specific number in the phone app.
In detail description: apps like appdialer (no longer supported I beleive) and shadycontact(android) don't work but do what I'm trying to do.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
How about a tweak to disable burst mode in the stock camera app? I NEVER want to take multiple pics like that, but do so accidentally several times a day!

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
There's a tweak out there if you hold on the @, it automatically inputs your email address. Anyone know the name of this?

boo-boo-butt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
There's a tweak out there if you hold on the @, it automatically inputs your email address. Anyone know the name of this?

TapTheAt does it.

I don't bother with that, though. I just made an autocorrect for @@ that inserts my home email address and @@@ for my work email. I'm sure holding @ can be fun but it's one less tweak to worry about!

cheenofly

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
TapTheAt does it.

I don't bother with that, though. I just made an autocorrect for @@ that inserts my home email address and @@@ for my work email. I'm sure holding @ can be fun but it's one less tweak to worry about!

Excellent idea. Not sure why I even think of that lol

boo-boo-butt

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Is there a tweak that works like Pangu's 'disable shutter jp/kr' option?

I've no idea how that option works but it's great for my Japanese iPhone.

Before Pangu I simply renamed the PhotoShutter.caf file. I've done the same now while I wait, but it doesn't work for video - I can start recording but not stop it and have to close the app(which doesn't save the video). Photos and burst shots are silent and work fine.

I know there are tweaks like NoShutterSound and Camera Chill but they seem to completely disable the sounds no matter what. I'm looking for a way to make the Japanese iPhone like the Western ones where the sound obeys the mute switch. Sometimes I want the sound(e.g. when I can't see the screen while taking a photo).

Thanks.

Excellent idea. Not sure why I even think of that lol

Me neither, I learned about it from a blog!

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Anyone know of a tweak to REMOVE or prevent the Personal Hotspot feature from being activated?

You can't remove Personal Hotspot completely as it is a bit of hardware in the device, but you can hide the options for it with different tweaks.

HideMe7/HideMe8, PreferenceTag2

PreferenceTag2 can hide the Hotspot settings panel.

----------

How about a tweak to disable burst mode in the stock camera app? I NEVER want to take multiple pics like that, but do so accidentally several times a day!

No sorry but you can request it on this forum or on Reddit. I'm sure others would want something like that!

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Where can I get this.. When you start charging the certain app you want will launch.

Is there an app for this?

Nevermind.. I got it on activator.. But if the phone is locked you need to Touch ID but nothing will happen.

It should be unlock device first then connect to charge

Last edited:

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
What's this date widget called? The one on the bottom

4377f81185bda47f4daf29c0df6a745e.jpg

Last edited:

ephumuris

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Any ideas what people are using to get loads of icons in their dock? Betterfiveicondock obviously only does up to 5. I want to shrink the icons a bit and add more I've seen screenshots of people's like this.

ephumuris

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Tried springtomize 3 using the 8.0.1 jailbreak and it just seemed glitchy as hell although I'm pretty new to jailbreak scene so maybe I did something wrong. Ex android user :)

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
What app is super simple and allows me to show an icon in the notification bar when my phone is set to silent?

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Is there a tweak to adjust the iPhone's white point? I only see f.lux, but I'm trying to make my screen LESS yellow and f.lux just makes it worse.

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
Need help

I just got an iPhone 6 2 days ago and jailbroke it today, anyways when I went to download winter board it only showed till 8.1 will it work for 8.1.2? Oh and before I purchase these tweaks I would really like to know if they r compatible : virtual home and biolockdown.

Thank you!

chinhiphone

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
iPhone 6 plus on 8.1.2

Looking for two tweaks.

1. Home screen widget for contacts similar to android. I'm aware of the recents in app switcher. I like them on the home screen

2. In message app replace the return key with send. Other chat clients do this would like stock app to do the same. I never use return in messaging.

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008

No idea, but how cool is that?! iWant :)

Is there any current tweak to hide an App Store available update? Or otherwise make it harder to accidentally update an app when I don't want to? Even a simple "are you sure?" dialog would do.

Cube wick

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Airplay Virgin Media TV Anywhere IOS app

Hi,

I've tried, without success in Flex 2, to tweak the Virgin TV Anywhere app to allow Airplay from my iPAD MINI RETINA to Apple TV2.

I've set every 'Airplay' entry that I can find to TRUE but to no avail.

An actual tweak or at least some tips would be most appreciated.

Regards
Colin

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Any way to rearrange keys on the stock keyboard?
I constantly switch between English, Japanese and Emoji. On Japanese and Emoji, the little keyboard switcher "globe" key is bottom left corner. On English it's second over from left. It always trips me up because I hit the 123 key by mistake!
Or maybe an alternate consistent way to toggle between keyboards?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.