Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applewatchcollector

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
I think it’s cool mine is different. I wish it came with the orange band instead of black. Two black bands is boring.

All Hermes bands come in orange boxes FYI. The SB appears to be unique because it’s the only non-orange band box. It only matters if you collect these things. My username checks out ;)

The black Sport band is also very collectible because of the Hermes insignia in the pin. If you want to trade yours for an Orange one (brand new 44mm) let me know! I have a few spare ;)

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
Interesting decision. Why? What are cons about Ti and Cer for You?
I really like the ceramic; just don’t think it looks as sharp. I would love to keep both, the ceramic is nice for everyday, but if I want to dress more businessy or nice; I feel the ceramic doesn’t fit. The titanium is very nice and goes well with everyday and business attire, I just like the look of the Nior better with the Hermès band.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I ended up returning my Noir. While I love the Hermès numbered faces, I didn’t care for the noir band. A little too narrow for me and I wish it was a little bit longer. If I’m not going to wear the band then I was really just paying for the watch face, and that makes zero sense. I’d rather get the Titanium or Ceramic with a unique look than just a space black stainless model that has a few cool watch faces.

And also, I don’t know what they are thinking with the Noir numbered face. It’s completely unreadable its so dim and the AOD face is totally unreadable. I wish all of the Hermès numbered faces were as bright as the California face, but for some reason they dim it a little more.

Reactions: btrach144

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I ended up returning my Noir. While I love the Hermès numbered faces, I didn’t care for the noir band. A little too narrow for me and I wish it was a little bit longer. If I’m not going to wear the band then I was really just paying for the watch face, and that makes zero sense. I’d rather get the Titanium or Ceramic with a unique look than just a space black stainless model that has a few cool watch faces.

And also, I don’t know what they are thinking with the Noir numbered face. It’s completely unreadable its so dim and the AOD face is totally unreadable. I wish all of the Hermès numbered faces were as bright as the California face, but for some reason they dim it a little more.

Yep, I noticed it was dimmer before returning mine.

titovenok88

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2019
And I really find the Hermès SBSS has more luxurious look, than Ceramic or Titanium. The last looks like Al.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
The DLC finish on the SB SS is what I think a SB Ceramic watch case could look like (admittedly, never seen a Ceramic in real life - just going off the pictures).

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
The DLC finish on the SB SS is what I think a SB Ceramic watch case could look like (admittedly, never seen a Ceramic in real life - just going off the pictures).

yea i do agree with you, the glossy shine is very similar.. :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

There is no “Noir” numbered face. Those are the regular Hermès faces.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014

I’m sorry but there is. If you go to the Hermès numbered faces you can scroll through the colors and get a Noir color for the numbers.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I’m sorry but there is. If you go to the Hermès numbered faces you can scroll through the colors and get a Noir color for the numbers.
But it’s a regular Hermès face. I think it’s available on the regular Hermès watches.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
But it’s a regular Hermès face. I think it’s available on the regular Hermès watches.

I never said it wasn’t a regular Hermès face. I said the Hermès Noir numbered face was unreadable, because that’s what it is called. And no, it isn’t available on the regular Hermès watch. Anything else?

Feisar

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2010

Actually there is. The Hermès Noir color option is available in the regular Hermès face ONLY if you have a Noir.

Watch App 6.0.1 for AW5, Hermès Noir > Hermès faces
cd1c74c6353c8e97b0d336b53991fa36.jpg

Watch App 6.0.1 for AW4, Hermès Watch > Hermès faces
2d7378f00dc02d08dfed5b197b6e8f6a.jpg

Last edited:

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Are you saying boo or boo-urns?

I just got my first smartwatch on Saturday, and I went with the Noir 40mm. A large part of the appeal for me was that it's even more exclusive than the regular Hermès Apple Watches.

The nior is a very pretty watch. I wonder if the spring refresh would mean more bands with black lugs

Last edited:
Reactions: Dstopsie

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The nior is a very pretty watch. I wonder if the spring refresh would mean more bands with black lugs
It supposedly is a limited edition. Considering that they don’t sell the cuff or double-buckle bands, or last year’s two-tone bands, that could be the case. Or they may offer a different style instead.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Are you saying boo or boo-urns?

I just got my first smartwatch on Saturday, and I went with the Noir 40mm. A large part of the appeal for me was that it's even more exclusive than the regular Hermès Apple Watches.
Oh I get why they did, I just personally am not a fan of the SBSS.

Reactions: M-Life

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Now that most of the preorders have arrived, what do people feel about this series of Hermes styles compared to previous Series?

My favorite Hermes was the Series 4 and my least favorite Hermes was the Series 3. None of the Series 3 bands were interesting.

Reactions: drew0020

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
Now that most of the preorders have arrived, what do people feel about this series of Hermes styles compared to previous Series?

My favorite Hermes was the Series 4 and my least favorite Hermes was the Series 3. None of the Series 3 bands were interesting.
I loved the Series 4 bands and watch faces, but the Series 3 spring refresh was good too if I remember correctly. Series 5 only has 3 new bands and while nice, they are my least favorite in the last few years.

I also don't love the Series 5 watch faces except the Noir - looks pretty cool. Hoping the spring refresh brings some new Hermes watch faces as well. Is there a winter refresh?

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!

I love them all had series 3,4, and now SBSS series 5.

I don’t care about the mismatched lugs. It’s nit picky and irrelevant. Very happy with my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.