Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have a question. Is double tour band for men as well? Or Was meant for women use?
Women. It’s only available in 40mm and traditionally Hermès sold the double tour bands only with its women’s watches.
[automerge]1573700584[/automerge]
So with the band update today I notice the Black Noir Hermes watches aren’t even listed anymore and the new Noir bands are shown with regular SS.

it appears the Hermès Noir SBSS was truly a very small limited time run.
They did advertise it as a limited edition.

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
Women. It’s only available in 40mm and traditionally Hermès sold the double tour bands only with its women’s watches.
[automerge]1573700584[/automerge]

They did advertise it as a limited edition.

I'm aware, but a couple month availability is damned limited.

Glad I picked mine up, its a unicorn.

Reactions: KPOM

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm aware, but a couple month availability is damned limited.

Glad I picked mine up, its a unicorn.
Same here. The Noir Hermès is now the most exclusive Apple Watch face ever. :)I wouldn’t be surprised if they put out a Space Black or Titanium limited edition Hermès next year. My previous Hermès leather band held up well, but in retrospect I should have picked up a second band. Perhaps the Hermès physical store still has some.

Hermès being a fashion brand, limited runs are to be expected. The cuff was a one-year design. The double buckle I think was 2 generations. Étain has come and gone and come back again.

Last edited:

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Same here. The Noir Hermès is now the most exclusive Apple Watch face ever. :)I wouldn’t be surprised if they put out a Space Black or Titanium limited edition Hermès next year. My previous Hermès leather band held up well, but in retrospect I should have picked up a second band. Perhaps the Hermès physical store still has some.

Hermès being a fashion brand, limited runs are to be expected. The cuff was a one-year design. The double buckle I think was 2 generations. Étain has come and gone and come back again.

I just want a ceramic Hermès.

Reactions: KPOM

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Hi everyone, just wondering whether I can get the single tour band that comes with the SBSS model from anywhere please? Or would I need to get the standard and then swap the lugs over to black to match it?
Thanks

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Hi everyone, just wondering whether I can get the single tour band that comes with the SBSS model from anywhere please? Or would I need to get the standard and then swap the lugs over to black to match it?
Thanks

sometimes herme's official site sells older bands when they have in stock. i would say keep checking daily as ive sene them pop up every now and then

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Are the Hermes straps worth the money in terms of quality over an alternative real leather strap?
I think so. I wore one every day for 2 years (a dark blue with a design for the Series 3). It held up very well. After a heavy cleaning with saddle soap it looks like it could easily last another 2 years, though I have moved on to another design.

Note that the Fauve is untreated, so will darken quickly. The colored bands are treated and so you may find them more durable.

Reactions: Brien

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
sometimes herme's official site sells older bands when they have in stock. i would say keep checking daily as ive sene them pop up every now and then
I’m after the all black single noir tour but can’t seem to find it anywhere. Saw it on eBay but it’s sold out now.
Does anyone else know of any websites which may stock it? Perhaps somebody selling theirs that they don’t use?

lostinwent

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2015
Got the noir 44mm SBSS on release...

So want to get the new noir/brique/etain strap, why can't they release it with SB lugs grrrr

Anyone had luck changing the lugs & recommendation on 3rd party lugs?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
So want to get the new noir/brique/etain strap, why can't they release it with SB lugs grrrr.

Never done it with an actual Hermès band (I find them too short), but I have used the NEWON lugs on my 3rd party Hermès replica bands as well as Apple OEM bands and they match my SBSS case very nicely and are pretty easy to work with.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Got the noir 44mm SBSS on release...

So want to get the new noir/brique/etain strap, why can't they release it with SB lugs grrrr

you're better off maybe getting the lugs plated by professionals

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.