Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
What is your take on the sold-out status of the noir Hermès watches? Both Apple and Hermès are sold out with no set return date. Was it that limited of an edition, or do you think we will see it return? I have one and it looks great. The leather is very supple.
The 44mm band is still available in Sydney Australia from the Apple store.
But the noir watches themselves are unavailable.

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
What would you guys say about the Hermes Band with Edition Watch?
Shiny steel lugs is not a perfect match to the brushed titan, but... is it too bad?
IMG_3064.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 130

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
i dont get worked up on mis matching lungs tbh cause apple makes it inevitable if you dont use SSS

For my part, they definitely lost a potential sale by not making more bands available with black lugs. Not that the loss of my sale seems to have mattered!

Eilene

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
I actually LOVE all my bands with my Noir! I am so happy with this gorgeous watch!!

I want to sell my Series 4 Hermes with the orange sport band. How much do you guys think I should list it for? Any suggestion would help. I want to put it up for sale today...

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I actually LOVE all my bands with my Noir! I am so happy with this gorgeous watch!!

I want to sell my Series 4 Hermes with the orange sport band. How much do you guys think I should list it for? Any suggestion would help. I want to put it up for sale today...
Sold my S4 Hermès in Australia for AUD$950.

Reactions: Eilene

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
For my part, they definitely lost a potential sale by not making more bands available with black lugs. Not that the loss of my sale seems to have mattered!
I just wish the quality control on the lugs were better, regardless of color. I had to swap watches twice to get lugs that fit and did not have tons of play.

nickf1

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Sydney, AU
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have the Edition (pale white) colour on your California face with the Hermes watches?

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Nope, just the black/white/cream/pale pink colors for me.

And I believe each Edition gets their own color, pale white for ceramic and light/dark gray for Ti, FWIW.

Reactions: nickf1

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
So with the band update today I notice the Black Noir Hermes watches aren’t even listed anymore and the new Noir bands are shown with regular SS.

it appears the Hermès Noir SBSS was truly a very small limited time run.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
New bands today. Meh?

So with the band update today I notice the Black Noir Hermes watches aren’t even listed anymore and the new Noir bands are shown with regular SS.

And yet still all over the marketing.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Yes sadly. And the new band only has SS lugs.
So they probably won’t be releasing another band with SBSS lugs

H57

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2019
On Apple’s website in US the Hermès black band still sold with black lugs.
12E12F66-7756-4857-A245-136E805DE15E.png

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
The 44mm is available for shipping. T delivery dates are November 15-18th. It’s also available for pickup in many stores.
Ah ok. They’re sold out in Australia and the Hermès website.
In any case, I thought they would release more bands with SBSS lugs. The new band would’ve looked great with the Noir SBSS Hermès.

hussainh1

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Where do you guys buy your extra Hermes bands?

I had a orange leather S5 Hermes, but it was dying by 2pm every day, so I returned it. Now, I'm missing it and I'm torn between the deployment buckle I had for S3, or the White and Blue which was similar to my S4, or just getting another orange one again. My main thing is that I prefer to wear it while exercising or showering so I just end up using the rubber strap most of the time and the very end of the leather strap starts to bend the wrong way. I'm not as used to leather straps although I love the way they look, all my other watches are metal bands.

Hoping for better battery life this time around, maybe turning off AOD will do the trick.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
New bands today. Meh?

I really like the look of the new Noir/Brique/Étain band.

Yes sadly. And the new band only has SS lugs. So they probably won’t be releasing another band with SBSS lugs.

I honestly was not in the market to replace my S4 SBSS as much as I liked the SB Hermès and the Noir strap, but the fear it would be a "one off" did play strong in my mind, as well.

Reactions: Boardiesboi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.