Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Capt Underpants said:
OK don't ever post again, and you'll live as one of the very few regulars with an avatar! I'm guessing a thread you posted in got wastelanded or something. Cool nonetheless!

Sorry Capt I don't get what you mean there. I did have a thread wastelanded though - it was my '500th Post WOO HOO!' thread that apparently is frowned upon and lost me 2 posts.

Edit: Ok I see what you meant now. I appear to have 499 posts again for some reason :confused: I don't know why that is. My 500 post thread was wastelanded and I got back up to about 502 I think. That's very strange. I haven't been spamming or anything. What gives there then? Would it be someone else's thread that got wastelanded? Would that effect me? I guess it would.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MacRy said:
Sorry Capt I don't get what you mean there. I did have a thread wastelanded though - it was my '500th Post WOO HOO!' thread that apparently is frowned upon and lost me 2 posts.
I haven't been spamming or anything. What gives there then? Would it be someone else's thread that got wastelanded? Would that effect me? I guess it would.

Yep - if a thread gets wastelanded, everyones posts in that thread gets subtracted from their totals. Who knows, depending how this thread goes perhaps it will have the same fate! :eek: ;)

And yes, making a "It's my 500th Post" thread is just asking for trouble. A thread like that is definitely spam and will be shut down immediately. Too many posts or threads of that nature could ultimately result in banning, so just a word of caution to you and anyone else out there. :)

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
just this, edited to fit with any restrictions it fails on of course

icon2.gif

mini-mini-mini :cool:

Got ages to go until i reach 500 posts though, especially at the rate i post :D

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
mad jew said:
With 77 posts, and an average of 0.42 posts per day, I'm guessing you'll get a 'tar in about 1007 days when you finally make your 500th post. :)

LOL Maybe you could post some for me?

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
beige matchbox said:
just this, edited to fit with any restrictions it fails on of course

icon2.gif

mini-mini-mini :cool:

Got ages to go until i reach 500 posts though, especially at the rate i post :D

A nice avatar though.

Supermini ;)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Lau said:
Maybe i'll just use the picture. then again, it's taken me a year to get to 300, so I've got a while to think....

Hmm, but once you start posting more regularly (as you have been), that number will fall rapidly! It took me a year to get to 500 since I lurked most of the time for the first 9 months or so... then I started getting more confident in my Mac knowledge to help people and more involved in the Community boards and now I'm coming up on 3000... :eek:

florencevassy

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2004
Princeton, NJ
I am a long way off, but this is what I would like for now...

This is a nice dog in my friend's neighborhood.
My other friend snapped the picture.

Attachments

• dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 154
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.