Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tollwilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
I noticed 2 of my 3 cameras are on 8.2.43 now. Any way to force the 3rd one to update?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Can anyone please advise...

When HSV was first introduced to the Circle 2, if you switched to HSV and then tried reverting back to using it in Logi app, did you have a problem connecting to the Logi cloud? I remember the thing was if you switched to HSV, you couldn’t go back and Logitech Support had to do it on their end.

One of my cameras works fine in HomeKit but won’t connect to the Logi Cloud after connecting to WiFi. I never connected this Camera to HSV and wondering if it’s an issue with their 5.6.54 firmware. I can’t get recordings on it now because of this. Already tried resetting by unplugging and with the side button. Thanks.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
My Nest app experience has gotten pretty terrible since I made the mistake of merging my account with Google so I think it's time to ditch Nest and start converting to HomeKit compatible cameras. One thing I require is the ability to watch two cameras at one time since I use them as baby monitors via my iPad to watch my two kids. I've read that the Home app doesn't support multi-stream viewing but I'm wondering if Logitech's app does. Anyone know if I can watch two cameras simultaneously with Logitech cameras?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
My Nest app experience has gotten pretty terrible since I made the mistake of merging my account with Google so I think it's time to ditch Nest and start converting to HomeKit compatible cameras. One thing I require is the ability to watch two cameras at one time since I use them as baby monitors via my iPad to watch my two kids. I've read that the Home app doesn't support multi-stream viewing but I'm wondering if Logitech's app does. Anyone know if I can watch two cameras simultaneously with Logitech cameras?
Logitech app won’t allow multiple streams either. They update a still shot (every 10 seconds I think) like HomeKit. However... there’s a third party app called HomeCam that allows you to stream multiple videos. It has an Apple Watch app and a Apple TV app too.

Have you though about the Starling Hub? I got tired of waiting for a decent Homekit video doorbell but just received my Starling Hub and Nest Hello. Haven’t installed yet though.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Logitech app won’t allow multiple streams either. They update a still shot (every 10 seconds I think) like HomeKit. However... there’s a third party app called HomeCam that allows you to stream multiple videos. It has an Apple Watch app and a Apple TV app too.

Have you though about the Starling Hub? I got tired of waiting for a decent Homekit video doorbell but just received my Starling Hub and Nest Hello. Haven’t installed yet though.
Maybe I should try Starling. The Nest app has gotten really bad for me ever since I migrated my account. Pretty disappointing actually because up until now I liked Nest enough to say these devices don't need to be part of HomeKit stuff.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Maybe I should try Starling. The Nest app has gotten really bad for me ever since I migrated my account. Pretty disappointing actually because up until now I liked Nest enough to say these devices don't need to be part of HomeKit stuff.
Would be a lot more cost effective than replacing the actual cameras. Make sure they have a good return policy in case it’s not to your needs. I haven’t checked it but I’m optimistic in its capabilities. It gets a lot of updates too. Only thing I’m afraid of is it getting pulled one day by either Apple or Google/Nest.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Would be a lot more cost effective than replacing the actual cameras. Make sure they have a good return policy in case it’s not to your needs. I haven’t checked it but I’m optimistic in its capabilities. It gets a lot of updates too. Only thing I’m afraid of is it getting pulled one day by either Apple or Google/Nest.
Have you set up your Starling hub yet?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Have you set up your Starling hub yet?
No, I haven’t. Just moved into a new home and have to get my WiFi straight first. Verizon was backed up because of the COVID but thankfully my appointment is for later today. I have to redo my whole HomeKit setup... Fun times ahead.

Reactions: TonyC28

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
No, I haven’t. Just moved into a new home and have to get my WiFi straight first. Verizon was backed up because of the COVID but thankfully my appointment is for later today. I have to redo my whole HomeKit setup... Fun times ahead.
Got my Starling up and running. Setup was super easy. My only disappointment is multistream viewing still isn’t an option in the HomeCam app. Nest has the functionality in their app but it won’t work in others I guess. Otherwise I do really like it.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Got my Starling up and running. Setup was super easy. My only disappointment is multistream viewing still isn’t an option in the HomeCam app. Nest has the functionality in their app but it won’t work in others I guess. Otherwise I do really like it.
Outstanding!
HomeCam has been a little buggy for me for a while actually using Logi Circle 2’s. Out of 12 cameras, I’d get about 3 or 4 that wouldn’t live stream. I mainly downloaded it for that feature on the AppleTV but it looks like iOS14 addresses that ?.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Logitech Circle View just arrived. I’m hoping for a solid replacement for my Nest cameras and Nest aware. So far, HomeKit secure video sucks. Recordings are difficult to view if they even work. And the times of the recordings are way off. Not impressed so far, at least compared to Nest.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Logitech Circle View just arrived. I’m hoping for a solid replacement for my Nest cameras and Nest aware. So far, HomeKit secure video sucks. Recordings are difficult to view if they even work. And the times of the recordings are way off. Not impressed so far, at least compared to Nest.
That’s not good. I’m a fan of the Circle 2. Versatile (indoor/outdoor) with an extreme wide angle view (less cameras for more coverage) but I really wish Logitech hadn’t gone all in with HSV this time around with the Circle View. They’re pretty much capping their customers at five cameras since that’s the HSV max. Then when HSV enabled doorbells start making their way to the market, that cap will drop to four since most likely people will want their doorbell running HSV. Eve just did the same.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
That’s not good. I’m a fan of the Circle 2. Versatile (indoor/outdoor) with an extreme wide angle view (less cameras for more coverage) but I really wish Logitech hadn’t gone all in with HSV this time around with the Circle View. They’re pretty much capping their customers at five cameras since that’s the HSV max. Then when HSV enabled doorbells start making their way to the market, that cap will drop to four since most likely people will want their doorbell running HSV. Eve just did the same.
I’m an Apple person and HomeKit is becoming a hobby. So I’m actually surprised how “not good” HSV is. I’m sure it will get better with time but right now Nest is miles ahead in that department.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I’m an Apple person and HomeKit is becoming a hobby. So I’m actually surprised how “not good” HSV is. I’m sure it will get better with time but right now Nest is miles ahead in that department.

I believe there are some pretty substantial improvements with iOS 14. Definable areas for detection being one of the key ones.

tollwilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
I have added zones since the iOS 14 update and i feel like detection has gotten worse. I am using the occupancy option to trigger outside lighting and the lights come on constantly. Also i have them go off after 5min and the act of shutting off actually seem to trigger occupancy again cause the lights come right back on. I was using these automations prior to iOS 14 and they seemed to work a lot better so i am not sure what happened.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Occupancy has been ruined and has become unusable as of a week or so ago for me.
Was a firmware update pushed or is this server side?

tollwilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
The only update i am aware of the iOS 14 and tvOS 14 updates that came out in September, but i agree this has gotten really bad. I started using the occupancy option when it came out with the update back in March and it worked well until these updates from September where they added activity zones. I can't seem to find many threads on apples forums regarding this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.