Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveJacko15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
I've had a HomePod for a few years now. All of a sudden it has stopped letting me access Apple Music. My subscription is fine, working on my Mac and iPhone.

When I ask it to play something its says "I didn't find XXXXXX on Apple Music" but if I ask it to simply "Play some Music", it works. Seems to only play music I have synced from my iTunes (and not from Apple Music).

Tried a factory reset, adding and re-adding to the Home App, rebooting my router, signing out and back into Apple Music, removing the HomePod from my iCloud account, nothing works, any ideas?

Reactions: trim spaniels

ipv5

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2021
Exact same issue here (on two different AppleID's) started this morning. Update - spoke to Apple support who collected logs and diagnostic data to analyze. I got the impression they'd seen this before.

Last edited:

swimmingpeas

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2020
Happening to me too - started last night. Same issue across my three HomePods (sharing the same Apple Music Family Subscription). Siri plays my purchased music just fine and Airplay + other Home commands (e.g. lights) work like normal. I've restarted all HomePods to no effect. Most frustrating. My Apple Music subscription is fine, I can play anything from the Music app on my iPhone just fine. My HomePods are all up to date with the latest software (possibly this is the culprit)

fbartram

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
Australia
+1, I've got 4 OG HomePods and 2x HomePod Minis, and since updating to 14.5 this week, none of them can find any music or radio stations... Seems to only play music in my Apple Music Library.

BenjipNZ

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2007
Same issue for me, started approximately 24 hours ago (or maybe it was after updating my iPhone to 14.5.1?). I'm in New Zealand so I thought maybe it was related to us finally getting our own Siri language (and having the HomePod mini available now here for the first time – we never got the OG HomePod).

Reactions: Seoras

losfp

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Sydney
Yeah my HomePods started doing it yesterday. Played one album fine in the morning then refused after that.

PhilWatts

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I'm thinking this is a problem with Siri actually, not HomePod. I took my iPhone for a walk (i.e. so it wasn't on the same network as the HomePod) and then asked Siri to play music by particular artists. Same problem. The Apple Music app is working fine if I just type in what I want. It's the Siri voice requests that are not working. I'm in Australia, if this is a regional thing.

Seoras

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Scotsman in New Zealand
Same issue for me, started approximately 24 hours ago (or maybe it was after updating my iPhone to 14.5.1?). I'm in New Zealand so I thought maybe it was related to us finally getting our own Siri language (and having the HomePod mini available now here for the first time – we never got the OG HomePod).
Same here. Kids use the HomePod and this morning complained to me that Siri won't play anything.
Works fine on all my other Apple devices. On the HomePod Siri says "I can't find .... on Apple Music".
Won't recognise my playlists either. If I say "hey siri play music" it replies "playing from your library" and plays music.
Being in NZ I thought "oh bugger, has Apple now geo-locked the original HomePod since it was never sold here?"
My other paranoid thought was "is it because I have an individual apple music sub they won't let the family device use Apple music?".
Good to hear I'm not alone in this... That gives me confidence that it's a server issue that Apple will fix in their own time.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
I’ve just got 2 HomePod mini’s in the last couple of days and this bug is present for me too, I found threads from last year (iOS13) with people having the same issue which is related to personalised settings and voice recognition, however if you guys have just started having these issues then I imagine it’s a new bug and the previous bug was fixed with iOS14. At least this thread saves me barking up the wrong tree trying to fix it so to speak.

Last edited:

Tnd1

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
Have 4 big and 5 mini’s. All started to not recognize Apple Music yesterday. I‘m in USA.

nolegrad01

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
I have one homepod and 3 minis and this started with me yesterday, i've tried resetting all of them and nothing has worked. I'm updating to iOS 14.5.1 right now so maybe that will help? I'm located in Florida.

UPDATE: Updating my phone to iOS 14.5.1 did not work, not surprising. Out of options at this point. Pretty frustrating.

Last edited:

mrprewitt

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
Same problem here with 8 HomePods. I tried resetting them. I then tried removing them and adding them back. Still unresolved.

Marco Klobas

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2017
Italy
Same here: "I didn't find whatever on Apple Music".

Another thing: is it me or now every time I touch the HomePod to invoke Siri I get a sound feedback?

bonokoot

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Another user in the US having this problem on all my homepods. Can only AirPlay from iPhone to homepods.

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
2 HomePods and 4 HomePod-minis all the same, no Apple Music. Though I can airplay to them.

ipv5

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2021
As someone else mentioned, this is more like an issue with Siri than just HomePod. I tried asking Siri on my phone and iPad to play the Beetles (as I don't have them in my library) with the same results "I didn't find the Beetles on Apple Music". Went to the Music App and searched for the Beetles and sure enough comes up and plays on the phone or iPad plus will airplay to the HomePod. I'm in Florida,

Reactions: nolegrad01

wmagnum1

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
Came here to add to the list. It’s either a 14.5.1 problem or a server problem. Reddit HomePod board is reporting the same thing from many users. I’m in the US.

Reactions: nolegrad01

nolegrad01

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
Came here to add to the list. It’s either a 14.5.1 problem or a server problem. Reddit HomePod board is reporting the same thing from many users. I’m in the US.
I don't think its a 14.5.1 issue, I was having the issue both before and after I did the update, so possibly a server issue like you mentioned.

DLary

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2005
A friend called me up to say his new HomePod mini was doing this. I tried my HomePods and got the same result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.