Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G30FF

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2020
yea this is wide spread for everyone since 14.5...if you ask Siri to play "top hits", it will work...Ask to play a specific song or artist, "cannot be found". So they messed up something with Indexing I suspect.

Seoras

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Scotsman in New Zealand
Seems to have resolved itself for me this morning here in NZ.
Kids were once again happy getting the songs they were asking Siri for on the kitchen HomePod.
Must have been an Apple server issue.
Interesting that it only affected HomePod and no other device with Siri though.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
Same here. An expensive paperweight I have got there.
First it doesn’t recognise voices, then it does and stops suddenly randomly and asks who’s speaking, then it can’t turn on a light on HomePod, but a second before it turned it on, I’m sick of it.
I will sell it. The most unreliable piece of tech I have at home.
It’s a joke between me and my girlfriend lately, hey Siri turn off the light, and then we go: hmmmmm I can’t do that on HomePod!

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
OK had to Google to do the reset of the HP mini and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Unolug for 10 seconds then press in middle of Mini screen until it turns red. Then follow the steps on your phone.

Homekit took a few minutes to reestablish the thread lights and strips. No settings lost thankfully.

Software Tools

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2021
While most of HomePod our use cases are now working again, Siri on our HomePods in Australia remains unable to tell the difference between "Play ABC news" which delivers a short summary, and "Play ABC News Radio" which previously delivered the live ABC News 24 stream.

Either request still only delivers the short summary.

hippyeverafter

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2017
Bletchley, England
I am in the UK and seems to be a Tunein radio related problem!, If I ask Siri to play " Blues radio UK " it will play back Capital XTRA UK and like wise with talkRadio it will play back random tracks from my library. Oh well back to my Alexa Dot for radio in the short term until the situation gets resolved, if ever.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I’ve been experiencing this with all my homepods too, but only with playlists. Tried resetting them, etc. without it getting fixed. Finally, I tried deleting one of the playlists from my library and readding it and suddenly it worked again.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I’ve been experiencing this with all my homepods too, but only with playlists. Tried resetting them, etc. without it getting fixed. Finally, I tried deleting one of the playlists from my library and readding it and suddenly it worked again.
It’s ok, not a big problem for a device sold to play music! But hey, check out, you can now rename your airtag with an emoji!

*sarcastic mode off

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
This started happening for me again today, October 12, 2022. Siri literally can’t stream anything and will only play items from my Library. HomePod OS 16.

cs44

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
This started happening for me again today, October 12, 2022. Siri literally can’t stream anything and will only play items from my Library. HomePod OS 16.
Same here, and from a similar thread on Reddit, it appears a number of us are affected.

FWIW, this started happening when I received my iphone 14.

Reactions: GDMcG

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Same here, and from a similar thread on Reddit, it appears a number of us are affected.

FWIW, this started happening when I received my iphone 14.
Would you mind sharing the link to the Reddit thread?

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Also having the issue.
I fixed mine last night by removing the HomePods from the Home app which resets the HomePods and re-adding them after they reset and play their tone. FYI, I also had to set the preferred language on each through the Home app so that Personal Requests would work after the reset.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Happening to me as of tonight. Every device, wifi, cellular, doesn’t matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.