Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T-Bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2013
That’s a significant downgrade, sonically. Don’t do it.

Already have minis, just meant I’d put one where a commonly used OG is so commands don’t keep failing.

And yes, upgraded and tried the toggle on and off siri/personal requests on two pods with no luck.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Already have minis, just meant I’d put one where a commonly used OG is so commands don’t keep failing.

And yes, upgraded and tried the toggle on and off siri/personal requests on two pods with no luck.
Yeah that whole “fix” is nonsense.

dsherh5

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
Seemed fixed for me for a couple of hours and then right back to the same problem where after sitting for awhile the first command fails but the second one works. Ugh

Reactions: WilliamG

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Hope everyone is leaving feedback with Apple

It's probably the best way to help Apple understand the scale of the issue. Be sure to mention if you're on the new architecture if you fill in their form.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Hope everyone is leaving feedback with Apple

It's probably the best way to help Apple understand the scale of the issue. Be sure to mention if you're on the new architecture if you fill in their form.
Yeah I made sure I done that I just hope it doesn’t fall on deaf ears, because ultimately this is one way to encourage OG owners to upgrade 😂

ballsop

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
I truly hope this isn’t a scummy method of getting us to upgrade to the 2nd gen. The timing does seem suspicious as well.

ballsop

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
This is so aggravating. I pay a premium for Apple because as a non tech person it used to just work. No BS needed.

I have 3 minis and 2 OG, trying to get all 5 synched is brutal. Then it works for a day. Then it doesn’t. this shouldn’t be this hard. Add in some Philips lights and ugh
I’ve had multiple HomePod sync issues for a few years now after initially working fantastically. I’ve tried resetting them all and I wonder if it’s something to do with the message I get once reinstalled that my WiFi network doesn’t support peer-to-peer. I’ve checked my WiFi router settings and it offers some other version of P2P so yeah, could be my router that’s the issue.

ballsop

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
DA3A3D53-7657-4A91-8B69-0A75E581A00E.png

Jackpot!!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Oh jeez. Another update. Let’s see what this one breaks. May fix the asking twice issue, but guaranteed to break three previous features that were working fine lol.

Yes it's already broken something for me.

The bug which they fixed in 16.3 when using Siri (remote) to control devices through my Apple TV has re-occurred with this latest **** show. It now says "sorry I couldn't find anything like that in the living room in your home", or whatever device I'm trying to control in any other room. it's now taking up to 3 or four times for it to work.

Apple really are truly indefensible now. They are not fit for purpose. They are an embarrassment. The management need ****ing off along with Siri and HomeKit teams. I am so sick of the continued struggle with this abortion of a company.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Htsi and Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yes it's already broken something for me.

The bug which they fixed in 16.3 when using Siri (remote) to control devices through my Apple TV has re-occurred with this latest **** show. It now says "sorry I couldn't find anything like that in the living room in your home", or whatever device I'm trying to control in any other room. it's now taking up to 3 or four times for it to work.

Apple really are truly indefensible now. They are not fit for purpose. They are an embarrassment. The management need ****ing off along with Siri and HomeKit teams. I am so sick of the continued struggle with this abortion of a company.
Big shocker 🤬

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
It just gets worse:

I now say, using the Apple TV remote "set AV lightstrip to 50%" and it turns on all the lights in the living room to 50%. Of course it takes the usual two or three times for it to stop saying it can't find that device in the living room before it actually does anything.

This was perfect in 16.3. I've restarted absolutely everything. I really don't know where to go from here now. I am so tempted to scrap the whole lot.

Edit: just asked it again and it's now turned on the TV lightstrip to 100% and no other lights. I should add that it works perfectly through Siri using my iPhone and HomePods.

This is clearly an issue with 16.3.2 on the Apple TV.

Sorry, I've just realised I have kind of hijacked this thread.

• Angry
Reactions: Itinj24

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Finally, it's not only working but it's working fast!
Yep, it's actually working like it's supposed to, and even a bit faster than say, a year ago when it worked well for like 9-10 months in a row.

Hopefully it will stay that way from now on.

Oh crap, just jinxed it, sorry.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
I am having so many issues with the Scene. If I press the scene button on my iPhone Home or trigger Siri on iPhone. It failed, but if I use voice command on my HomePod; it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.