Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Its all about currency exchange and extra taxations in different countries.
You can always grab a redeye or a standby by going to the airport, come to the US for a 1-2 days vacation for cheap since part of the cost would be the difference, buy the phone, walk around and eat some burgers and apple pie then get back over the pond. lol

Haha sadly it would cost me a lot more than £140 to come to the US from the UK.

Thankfully should I ever want to buy an iPhone from the US my cousin works two weeks in the UK and two in the U.S. And Asia. All his apple stuff is from Asia or the US as its so much cheaper. His MacBook cost him almost £400 less than buying at home. So I do have the option. I just worry about warranty being world wide etc (local Apple Store told me it's not).

BSDanalyst

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2013
Hong Kong
I know a shop around here that has close ties with the jailbreak community in China.
Thing is, the PRC government is slowing down the JB devs and pressuring them to "cooperate" with the Chinese state owned enterprises telecoms such as 中国移动 China Mobile and China Unicom for reasons unknown.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Lol
Great idea but I think that could cost the above poster a little more than 140 pounds.
If he has someone that goes back and forth to the U.S. he could give him the money to bring him one back and save some money.
AJ long time! Yeah it would cost him some more pounds but you get to travel and have a little vacation w at least a 140 pound discount. :). Travel beats all for me.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Haha sadly it would cost me a lot more than £140 to come to the US from the UK.

Thankfully should I ever want to buy an iPhone from the US my cousin works two weeks in the UK and two in the U.S. And Asia. All his apple stuff is from Asia or the US as its so much cheaper. His MacBook cost him almost £400 less than buying at home. So I do have the option. I just worry about warranty being world wide etc (local Apple Store told me it's not).
Nice. Yeah I know. I was saying it would give you a nice discount 140 pounds on a mini vacation if you like traveling.
Umm afaik the warranty is worldwide as long as you take it to an official reseller or Apple Store. Maybe it has changed but that is how it was before.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Nice. Yeah I know. I was saying it would give you a nice discount 140 pounds on a mini vacation if you like traveling.
Umm afaik the warranty is worldwide as long as you take it to an official reseller or Apple Store. Maybe it has changed but that is how it was before.

Last year I went with my cousin to buy his 6. We asked about the warranty knowing he could get it cheaper in the US when he was at work. The guy told us it was covered for the county of purchase and not world wide.

Wether he simply said that so he paid the extra I don't know.

subzero123

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Man I just upgrading to iOS 9 from my 8.1 jb, and wow is it boring. Totally forgot how stale stock iOS is. New jailbreak can't come soon enough

subzero123

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
On which device(s)? ^

iPhone 6. I have always jailbroken my devices. I pretty much forgot how awful stock iOS is. It looks like a kids toy compared to android. The worst part is by far the lock screen. I used to have lock screen calendar and lockscreen weather. Its so much wasted space, can't believe apple doesn't add to it.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I'm hopeful.. I came across this video. I know nothing is certain and guaranteed so I'll just remain content with what I have.

and1tennis

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2014
Look at this F'ed up video. Luring people in to donate to their fake "semi jailbreak". This is totally messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Applejuiced

coney718

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2014
I'm hopeful.. I came across this video. I know nothing is certain and guaranteed so I'll just remain content with what I have.
This is very encouraging. I have a iPhone 6 jailbroken but will be trading that in Friday for the 6s. I will miss my tweaks but this video gives me hope I wont have to be without them for too long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.