Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stew Dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Currently I'm working with iOS 11 firmware on my iPad Air 2.Now I need to downgrade it to iOS 10.3.3.So how do I do that easily?Please give me a solution to do that.

Stew Dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Okay thanx for your help.So the best thing is staying on iOS 11 isn't it?

Konceptz804

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2017
Currently I'm working with iOS 11 firmware on my iPad Air 2.Now I need to downgrade it to iOS 10.3.3.So how do I do that easily?Please give me a solution to do that.

Google it....it can be done, you just need to get your hands on a ipsw. Its against forum rules for me to fully explain how....

Reactions: Stew Dave

HallStevenson

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2012
I thought they used to sign the last 'point release' of previous iOS versions for quite a while, so one always had the option of either iOS 11.x.x or 10.x.x. I know they eventually even cut that off too though, but has the timeframe changed ?

Konceptz804

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2017
I just went from 11.2 beta back to ios 10.3.3 on an ipad earlier this year.....you may not be able to get the ipsw from apple directly but it can be done.....

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I thought they used to sign the last 'point release' of previous iOS versions for quite a while, so one always had the option of either iOS 11.x.x or 10.x.x. I know they eventually even cut that off too though, but has the timeframe changed ?
It’s gotten slightly longer the past couple of years but it’s only for a few weeks.

They stopped signing iOS 10 on October 4th after releasing iOS 11 on September 19th. (Except for the 6s which got it extended to November for some reason.) They stopped signing iOS 9 on October 19th 2016. With iOS 8 and 7 it was before September even ended.

I just went from 11.2 beta back to ios 10.3.3 on an ipad earlier this year.....you may not be able to get the ipsw from apple directly but it can be done.....
They started signing iOS 10 (and lots of other old versions) for a short period earlier this month so you probably downgraded then:
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/11/apple-accidentally-signed-old-ios-versions/

Konceptz804

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2017
It’s gotten slightly longer the past couple of years but it’s only for a few weeks.

They stopped signing iOS 10 on October 4th after releasing iOS 11 on September 19th. (Except for the 6s which got it extended to November for some reason.) They stopped signing iOS 9 on October 19th 2016. With iOS 8 and 7 it was before September even ended.

They started signing iOS 10 (and lots of other old versions) for a short period earlier this month so you probably downgraded then:
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/11/apple-accidentally-signed-old-ios-versions/

I just checked the site I get my ipsw's from. I can go back as far as iOS 7. He's gotta google it, I got in trouble before with a moderator posting the web url in the past.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I just checked the site I get my ipsw's from. I can go back as far as iOS 7. He's gotta google it, I got in trouble before with a moderator posting the web url in the past.
iTunes blocks you from installing unsigned ipsws. I wouldn’t be surprised if you somehow did downgrade though because Apple was clearly having issues with their signing servers.

Stew Dave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Google it....it can be done, you just need to get your hands on a ipsw. Its against forum rules for me to fully explain how....
Okay dude I'll try the rest of things.Thanx
[doublepost=1517263540][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1517263745][/doublepost]
Okay dude I'll try the rest of things.Thanx
[doublepost=1517263540][/doublepost]
Please give me a hint to do that:):)

Last edited:

Sift

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2018
I have a question... I downloaded the ios 11.1 software way back when it was still being signed. I want to downgrade my iPhone 10, running 11.2 so I can jailbreak. Would I still be able to downgrade, or will iTunes not allow it?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I have a question... I downloaded the ios 11.1 software way back when it was still being signed. I want to downgrade my iPhone 10, running 11.2 so I can jailbreak. Would I still be able to downgrade, or will iTunes not allow it?
That's not how it works, iTunes checks the signing status right before attempting to install it on the device.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
If 11.1 currently being signed yes you can downgrade, DFU mode the phone and Hold shift and click restore. On Mac hold the option key and click restore. Locate the 11.1 ipsw click it and iTunes will restore.

I believe there is a possibility of a untethered jailbreak on 11.2.2 also, 11.2.5 patches the vulnerability

You can check ipsw.me to see what firmwares are being signed for your device

ckuttner

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Portland, OR
Oh, my...I looked here to see if there was any way I could return our 5S iPhones to the blessed days before iOS 11. Sounds like it's not going to possible, so I guess I'll have to settle for ranting:

Our iPhones are running terribly slowly, there's a lag when typing; when I wake up the phone, there's a lag in reconnecting to WiFi, etc.
I've often said that software developers who write great MacOS software don't make money on upgrades because their software just keeps working. It looks like the only way for us to deal with iOS 11 is to reward Apple by buying newer iPhones. Oh, well, I guess it helps my AAPL stock value....

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Oh, my...I looked here to see if there was any way I could return our 5S iPhones to the blessed days before iOS 11. Sounds like it's not going to possible, so I guess I'll have to settle for ranting:

Our iPhones are running terribly slowly, there's a lag when typing; when I wake up the phone, there's a lag in reconnecting to WiFi, etc.
I've often said that software developers who write great MacOS software don't make money on upgrades because their software just keeps working. It looks like the only way for us to deal with iOS 11 is to reward Apple by buying newer iPhones. Oh, well, I guess it helps my AAPL stock value....
Your phone in all likelihood being throttled. You can load 11.3 beta 1 and unthrottle it or just wait till 11.3 is released to the public some time in the next month or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.