Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I can't figure out how do do it, and when I go to the settings on my iPhone it doesn't look like the option is there.

Thank you.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
To check your battery stats (charge cycles, actual capacity, etc), you can use the program iBackupBot.

It's free to download and use (but it may nag you to pay).

Instructions on checking battery stats can be found here:
http://www.icopybot.com/blog/check-ipad-iphone-battery-charge-cycle-count-without-jailbreaking.htm

Make note that this is the SAME information that you get from jailbreak apps (such as BatteryLife or BatteryInfo Lite), and it is the same information that the Genius checks with their diagnostic software at the Apple Store, so it is accurate.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
To check your battery stats (charge cycles, actual capacity, etc), you can use the program iBackupBot.

It's free to download and use (but it may nag you to pay).

Instructions on checking battery stats can be found here:
http://www.icopybot.com/blog/check-ipad-iphone-battery-charge-cycle-count-without-jailbreaking.htm

Make note that this is the SAME information that you get from jailbreak apps (such as BatteryLife or BatteryInfo Lite), and it is the same information that the Genius checks with their diagnostic software at the Apple Store, so it is accurate.

See post #4 :cool:

But I don't understand what he really want to know .... :confused:

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
See post #4 :cool:

But I don't understand what he really want to know .... :confused:

Ummm. I'm a she. LOL! What I am thing to do is put something like coconut battery to check the percentage of my battery I have left and charge cycles on my iPhone.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
Ummm. I'm a she. LOL! What I am thing to do is put something like coconut battery to check the percentage of my battery I have left and charge cycles on my iPhone.

There's a setting to show battery percentage in settings - it's off by default, but it's there.

Otherwise, you are after what's already been shared here.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

By percentage of battery I am going to assume you mean battery lifespan, not actual battery charge percent.

ibackupbot will do all of that for you. There is a thread somewhere around with people pasting their results and discussing them.

Are you having issues with your phone? If not, I find this is largely pointless information.

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
If you are having a battery issue take it to Apple and let them diagnose the problem. And they won't be using iBackup bot to diagnose the issue. If your not having an issue the information is useless. It's just something so called enthusiasts think they need to know.

Reactions: HEK and ABC5S

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you are having a battery issue take it to Apple and let them diagnose the problem. And they won't be using iBackup bot to diagnose the issue. If your not having an issue the information is useless. It's just something so called enthusiasts think they need to know.

Unfortunately some people either don't have the time or live too far away from an Apple store to make it feasible to bring a phone in on a "maybe". There are some people who don't even have an Apple store in their state or country! Before we moved, we were a 45 minute drive away from the nearest Apple. Not really a drive I would want to take to have the say "yup, you're good".

Reactions: Tozovac and ABC5S

kninja

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
va
my battery on my 5s running 7.1 as of now is
Battery life
cycle count:48
design capacity:1550
full charge capacity:1538

batterycurencapcasity:100
batterylscharging:true
etc.

how would i determine what percentage the life of my battery is at of now?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
my battery on my 5s running 7.1 as of now is
Battery life
cycle count:48
design capacity:1550
full charge capacity:1538

batterycurencapcasity:100
batterylscharging:true
etc.

how would i determine what percentage the life of my battery is at of now?

Your iPhone can reach 1538 mAh out of 1550, so basically you are near 99% of the supposed maximum capacity. Is just fine (and is brand new!)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Very difficult to know you are a girl from your nickname a-m-k :D

By the way, if you are looking for percentage shown on the screen there is a switch in the settings.
To check charge cycles and battery life, you have to install iBackupBot , a program, on your Mac.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Very difficult to know you are a girl from your nickname a-m-k :D

By the way, if you are looking for percentage shown on the screen there is a switch in the settings.
To check charge cycles and battery life, you have to install iBackupBot , a program, on your Mac.

no harm done... I usually will use the word 'they'.

IDar

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2014
How about my iphone 5 battry status ?? Is it ok?

Cycle count : 419
Design capacity : 1430
Fullychargecapacity : 1279

Batterycurrentcapacity : 37

Kolyei

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2016
How about my iphone 5 battry status ?? Is it ok?

Cycle count : 419
Design capacity : 1430
Fullychargecapacity : 1279

Batterycurrentcapacity : 37

What about my ipod touch 4th generation? It is over 2 years old an look at how strange the battery cycles are:
Cycle Count: 0
Design capacity: 930 mah
FullyChargeCapacity: 930 mah?
Are ipod batteries supposed to be like this?

Last edited:

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Ridiculous assumption.
If this problem has not happened to you, perhaps you should stay out of conversation as it appears you have no idea what you're talking about.

Earth45

Suspended
Nov 29, 2017
Ridiculous assumption.
If this problem has not happened to you, perhaps you should stay out of conversation as it appears you have no idea what you're talking about.

You’re posting a reply to someone who hasn’t been back here for over three years :confused:

Reactions: testcard

loganp8000

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
NYC
In case your an apple user and wondering how to actually check the battery cycles..coconutbattery is the only answer...;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.