Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
What a worthless thread...Absolutely nothing here has helped me determine the cycle count on my Iphone 6.( for all the people who are not understanding what that means, its the total amount of times your phone has been charged ....basically its not possible to get a cycle count unless you give you phone to apple... and all these comments are just a complete waste of time..Apple doesn't want you to know the cycle count, so you wont...ever

I use coconutBattery to check my cycle counts.

Reactions: Richdmoore

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
What a worthless thread...Absolutely nothing here has helped me determine the cycle count on my Iphone 6.( for all the people who are not understanding what that means, its the total amount of times your phone has been charged ....basically its not possible to get a cycle count unless you give your phone to apple... and all these comments are just a complete waste of time..Apple doesn't want you to know the cycle count, so you wont unless you surrender it to apple

I don't agree at all. It looks like both ibackupbot (info from this thread) & coconut battery (which I use) will give you a cycle count and other info.

Coconut Battery is free, although they have a paid upgrade for additional info for macOS/iOS features (and iOS wireless information.)

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

I am using the free version of Coconut Battery, my iPhone SE (running the latest iOS 11 version) is reporting 88.9 % capacity, with 415 cycle count. (There is other info as well, and the $10 upgrade unlocks more specific information.)

At what point does apple start throttling based on battery cycle/capacity as far as I know has not been determined by either the iOS community, or stated by apple itself.

loganp8000

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
NYC
I don't agree at all. It looks like both ibackupbot (info from this thread) & coconut battery (which I use) will give you a cycle count and other info.

Coconut Battery is free, although they have a paid upgrade for additional info for macOS/iOS features (and iOS wireless information.)

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

I am using the free version of Coconut Battery, my iPhone SE (running the latest iOS 11 version) is reporting 88.9 % capacity, with 415 cycle count. (There is other info as well, and the $10 upgrade unlocks more specific information.)

At what point does apple start throttling based on battery cycle/capacity as far as I know has not been determined by either the iOS community, or stated by apple itself.
I know..your right, sorry guys...coconutbattery finally worked, but not until i looked at the pc program backupbot and downloaded ever other app that doesnt give you cycles...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.