Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The_Auryn

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
I remember reading somewhere that full-sleeve or full-body tattoos interfere with the body's ability to sweat and thus can cause problems with overheating.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
There's nothing "wrong" with them. To each their own and all that. I just think 99% of men look better clean-shaven, and I've also never understood how a woman could enjoy kissing a bunch of facial hair 😂 I've also noticed a lot of people I've known for many years who never even had a day's worth of beard all their lives are all of a sudden in the last few years growing huge beards. It's like some fad or something 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m only really interested in what the one woman thinks. It’s a short tidy beard.
I’ve shaved it off a couple of times. But I don’t like the way I look without it. Fortunately it grows back in a day or two.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
What’s wrong with beards?
The Missus doesn't like it when I have facial hair. If I so much a sport a stubble, no smooching.🥺☹️ She says the stubble scratches and a beard and moustache tickles. She says it's like kissing her barber's neck duster brush.
No babyface, no smooches.😩
I’ve had one since I was a teenager.
I sported peach fuzz as a teen.😕 It wasn't until my early twenties that I could grow a proper beard.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I love my tattoo's - they are like statements to myself in different places in life.
It's between me and me, and the tattoo-artist who do them. It's fun.

I need to make one better, and perhaps enlarge it.
I want to do something more too….I have some ideas. Maybe next year ☺️

I don’t want any beard though 😱
Some men look better in beard, some not.

I remember reading somewhere that full-sleeve or full-body tattoos interfere with the body's ability to sweat and thus can cause problems with overheating.
Doubt it, a lot of athletes have a lot of tattoo's, and don’t seem to have any issues with hard training and the sweating from it. Think it’s a more personal.

Last edited:

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
IMG_5577.jpeg

I'm a fan

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The Missus doesn't like it when I have facial hair. If I so much a sport a stubble, no smooching.🥺☹️ She says the stubble scratches and a beard and moustache tickles. She says it's like kissing her barber's neck duster brush.
No babyface, no smooches.😩

I sported peach fuzz as a teen.😕 It wasn't until my early twenties that I could grow a proper beard.
I'm with Mrs Mousse on this.

Well, as the old cliché has it (clichéd but true), some of my closest friends are men with beards, or facial hair; nevertheless, I actually don't like facial hair, and yes, not a fan of smooches where one encounters facial hair or stubble, not least because the scratches don't remotely appeal.

Reactions: Huntn

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

I have full sleeves, partial chest, and a full back piece. No issues. I would be curious to hear others take on this. By the way this is the first I am hearing about this. Interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Huntn and Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.