Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I can only see the music I purchase via Apple, but not the rest of my music that I ripped from my CDs.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
You can’t sync anything on the AVP. It’s a disaster. See this thread.

M3Jedi77

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I have all my music (and movies) on Plex.

There is a PlexAmp app that allows me to play all my lossless music right there on AVP. Pretty great actually.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
The current options without 3rd-party apps appear to be quite limited.

Starting at the AVP User Guide's Table of Contents:

Find the heading Music, subheading "Get Music on Apple Vision Pro":
Get music to play on Apple Vision Pro in the following ways:
Become an Apple Music subscriber: ...
Participate in Family Sharing: ...
Listen to Apple Music radio: ...
Then under subheading "View albums, playlists, and more in Music on Apple Vision Pro":
In the Music app, the library includes music you added or downloaded from Apple Music, music videos you added from Apple Music, and your iTunes Store purchases.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm just guessing, but since AVP plays music from the could, you probably need to subscribe to iTunes Match.

I wonder if iTunes Match will work on AVP.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
I wonder if iTunes Match will work on AVP.

At this point I almost wonder if Apple couldnt make 'remote viewing' a thing. Much like looking at your mac lets you use the screen. What if looking at your iPhone would let you just play music on your AVP.

tigercraig1

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2015
Does anyone know if you need to add your Music manually to Apple Vision Pro or is there a way to sync music from your Apple ID

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
When you sign in with your AppleID, your Apple Music account is automatically synced.

tigercraig1

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2015
Ok so after looking at it again I signed out of Apple ID and reentered details and the music started to appear. Thank you for you input

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
You can’t sync anything on the AVP. It’s a disaster. See this thread.

You may be able to airdrop. I can try this later.

Airdropping photos from my iphone worked, FWIW. That being said the AVP is what finally got me to subscribe to icloud plus haha. I figure if I can afford the headset I can deal with the minimal storage charge. I just hate paying for like 4 cloud storage solutions on principle

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
You may be able to airdrop. I can try this later.

Airdropping photos from my iphone worked, FWIW. That being said the AVP is what finally got me to subscribe to icloud plus haha. I figure if I can afford the headset I can deal with the minimal storage charge. I just hate paying for like 4 cloud storage solutions on principle

Please let us know. I need to try it but am buried on another project at the moment.

Glad iCloud works for you, that's great!

For me it's not a question of affording it. It's 2 parts. 1) my data set is larger than any iCloud plan can handle, and 2) I have some client files that are not allowed to be on the cloud, and 3) I don't like storing personal data in the cloud because it's not a question of if, but when and how bad, cloud data is compromised.

That said, I totally think cloud services can be great and make a lot of sense for many people, so kudos to those that enjoy them.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Please let us know. I need to try it but am buried on another project at the moment.

Glad iCloud works for you, that's great!

For me it's not a question of affording it. It's 2 parts. 1) my data set is larger than any iCloud plan can handle, and 2) I have some client files that are not allowed to be on the cloud, and 3) I don't like storing personal data in the cloud because it's not a question of if, but when and how bad, cloud data is compromised.

That said, I totally think cloud services can be great and make a lot of sense for many people, so kudos to those that enjoy them.

Are you specifically curious about photo transfer, file transfer, or music? And what is the source? iPhone or Mac (or PC)?

A.R.E.A.M.

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2015
Los Angeles, California
That being said the AVP is what finally got me to subscribe to icloud plus haha.
curious, what storage level did you get? i assume you are in the apple ecosystem so did you factor in storage space for your other apple products or all you car about is for the avp?
EDIT -- do you mind sharing what variant of avp did you get?

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
Are you specifically curious about photo transfer, file transfer, or music? And what is the source? iPhone or Mac (or PC)?

Photo and Music transfer from a Mac (Sonoma) so that the photos/music appear in the Photo.app and Music.app on the AVP.

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Photo and Music transfer from a Mac (Sonoma) so that the photos/music appear in the Photo.app and Music.app on the AVP.

Gotcha. I can confirm for sure that photos can be transferred form a mac via AirDrop. I thought i had music on my computer, but apparently I don't, so I couldn't test that out.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
Gotcha. I can confirm for sure that photos can be transferred form a mac via AirDrop. I thought i had music on my computer, but apparently I don't, so I couldn't test that out.

So after you airdrop the photos, they import into the Photos app? Do you have to do something to import them, or does it just ask to do that as part of the Airdrop automatically somehow? And thank you!

Reactions: dabotsonline
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.