Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Not sure about an IOS Dev account, but a Mac Dev account takes about 2-3 days. It's probably the same with IOS.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
If you sign up for an individual account, the turnaround time is usually just one business day. Having signed up on Friday, I would expect to be approved today.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
I had it within 1 hour >.> Didn't have to fax anything. on the other hand, I've been waiting 5 weeks for approval of my mom's company.
Which is *************. I just installed it via my developer account. and went total careface.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Geez, still waiting.

We have reviewed your Program Enrollment and have sent you an email asking that you provide us documentation to assist us in verifying your identity. The email describes the type of documentation we'll need you to submit. Please contact us if you have any questions.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I registered under my business name, so they asked for my proof that I have a business, so I faxed them my business license. Man if I had of known you could register as an individual I would have done that!

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Pretentious garbage. I don't understand why Apple feel the need to vet the people PAYING for a license to develop for their hardware when they scrutinise everything coming into the App Store anyway.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Pretentious garbage. I don't understand why Apple feel the need to vet the people PAYING for a license to develop for their hardware when they scrutinise everything coming into the App Store anyway.

Agreed. It's not really necessary. Plus the Apple account I'm using probably has around $30,000 in purchases over the years, so it's not like I'm from Nigeria trying to scam cash from Apple. $99 plus 30% of whatever I make and sell...

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
My company's enterprise account took at least 30 days to verify (it may have been even longer, I don't remember exactly). That could have been an extreme example though, as I know my company's Prez is terrible about responding to emails/calls/etc.

We even had to provide our Articles of Incorporation and DUNS Number. Be prepared to wait.....

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

For a good reason, look at all the malware that Google had to pull from their app store from some poorly vetted "developer".

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I registered under my business name, so they asked for my proof that I have a business, so I faxed them my business license. Man if I had of known you could register as an individual I would have done that!

Depending on your legal jurisdiction, you might not be able to enroll as a business unless you have articles of incorporation. A business license and a DBA won't work. So they may ask you to re-enroll as an individual developer, or incorporate.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I emailed them and asked to re apply as an individual. I'm a sole proprietor anyways so I'm not going to incorporate. In my haste I thought it would have been better to register as a business. Really looking to get this sorted out by tomorrow!

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
They put me thru hell because my debit card got declined cause a transfer was delayed so I used my gfs card. So the identity crap came up. I cancelled that whole order and used my card and it was still pulling up the transaction with her card. I kept calling until a guy was willing to verify my identity thru email instead of fax so I didn't have to wait.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I decided to register as an individual, now they are holding me up because I think I missed an initial when I entered my billing info. They want a notarized signature saying who I am. This is crazy.

The iTunes profile I'm using has around $30,000 in software and equipment purchases in the past year and a bit. They didn't seem to have any issue taking that money.

This is exasperating at best.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I decided to register as an individual, now they are holding me up because I think I missed an initial when I entered my billing info. They want a notarized signature saying who I am. This is crazy.

The iTunes profile I'm using has around $30,000 in software and equipment purchases in the past year and a bit. They didn't seem to have any issue taking that money.

This is exasperating at best.

Yep. My apple store receipt had my billing address and Id fine. But they couldn't find it. Keep calling and complaining. They'll eventually allow you to scan in the id forms and email them and activate you rather then wait 3 days well they sort out the faxes.

sernle

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
I may be on the same page here

I submitted the application on later Thursday (UK time). And haven't heard back from them yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.