Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TenthDoctor

macrumors member
May 23, 2020
I would like to create a second one for two reasons:

1.). I purchased a computer for use at my church. I will be its main user, but I don’t want my personal account tied to it, as I think it would be better to keep the accounts separate. For one, anything Purchased for the church should be on a tax exempt ID.

2.). I found out last night that someone tried to change the password on my personal ID, so at least one hacker knows the email address I use for my own ID.

in order to protect both my own account and what I do for the church, the accounts need to be separate.

However, I also need to be able to use 2 factor authentication, since I know there are people out there who are actively trying to hack Apple ID accounts. Can I use my phone and other devices for 2 factor authentication for both IDs?

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I only have one. Not sure I want the complication of managing multiple accounts for different purposes, although the comments here from others suggest that there are some good reasons for doing so. I have enough complication in my life in keeping track of all of the different IDs and passwords for everything else, in addition to Apple!!

Ethrem

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
I have two. One for general use and one for sideloading with Sideloadly (I don’t like AltStore because it doesn’t work with Kodi).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.