Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Likely not limited to the Mini, but it feels like battery life is so much worse than on old iPhones.
My iPhone X was on 98% battery health after 3 years.

12 Mini was at 86% after 2 years. And 13 Mini now 93% after 1 year.

My usage hasn't really changed and i only need to charge once every night. So either the batteries age faster or wireless charging is significantly worse for the battery.

Reactions: Barbareren

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
I recently purchased a new in box Mini 12 on eBay for the specific purpose of using a dog walking App not available for the Apple Watch. Forget putting the 14 PM in a treat bag. I fell in love with the Mini and it is now activated on a second phone line for use when a small phone works best (in pocket or purse when going out). I like the Mini so much that a few days before the Apple event when it seemed likely that the Mini would be dropped, I purchased a Mini 13 new from an Apple Store to put away for future use.
lol i need your job where i can just buy a phone to put away for the future haha

Reactions: diane143

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
That’s quite unusual lol. Most people don’t spend hundreds of dollars on a phone to let it just sit in a drawer lol
Health considerations and isolation require having spare on hand at all Times. 6S a fluke free replacement after sending in for yet another battery replacement two years ago. iPhone 13 mini updated the 12 mini and last crack at the cat.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.