Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormz

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Coming from an SE, I love the Mini's smaller size and larger screen.

I held off switching for a while because I really didn't want to lose Touch ID/the home button. Turns out I was worrying over nothing.

- I'm finding Face ID quicker and more convenient. Even in the very very few times that it doesn't register, quickly tapping my PIN is actually faster and less awkward than laying my finger flat on a home button at just the right angle.

- As for pressing the home button: swipe or flick up to return home/change app is now second nature. Feels less clunky.

No regrets here, other than not switching sooner.

mariachi4

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2015
Got ip12 mini from day one, my favourite phone so far, but the battery is just horrible. So bought the ip15 pro for daily use. Now the mini is on my best-phones-of-all-time-shelf along with the iP SE (1st gen) and Nokia 8250.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Though I'm still deep within the Honeymoon period with my new iP13-mini, my experience has been much more than incremental vs. that of my iP12-mini

My day-to-day was not under the same microscope in the period after I received the ip12-mini, so I can't objectively state that things were better, or worse.

Nevertheless, iP-mini OLED was entirely nerd-vana; for me ;)

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I recently purchased a new in box Mini 12 on eBay for the specific purpose of using a dog walking App not available for the Apple Watch. Forget putting the 14 PM in a treat bag. I fell in love with the Mini and it is now activated on a second phone line for use when a small phone works best (in pocket or purse when going out). I like the Mini so much that a few days before the Apple event when it seemed likely that the Mini would be dropped, I purchased a Mini 13 new from an Apple Store to put away for future use.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I recently purchased a new in box Mini 12 on eBay for the specific purpose of using a dog walking App not available for the Apple Watch. Forget putting the 14 PM in a treat bag. I fell in love with the Mini and it is now activated on a second phone line for use when a small phone works best (in pocket or purse when going out). I like the Mini so much that a few days before the Apple event when it seemed likely that the Mini would be dropped, I purchased a Mini 13 new from an Apple Store to put away for future use.
Phew, you cut it rather close though?

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Phew, you cut it rather close though?
Only for my color choice (green). Got the last one in the stores in my area, but most others were in stock until 9/12.
My Mini 12 runs fine and because it is not heavily used, the battery life is fine. Battery health is at 100% so hopefully has plenty of life left before I need the 13.

Last edited:

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
I use the 12 Mini as my daily phone, but having to charge it 2-3 times a day (I know I could get the battery replaced, but it's still tiny...) makes it a hassle to use, and the screen is just not working for me anymore, so I ordered the 15 Plus. I know, I know, it's much bigger, but still I feel that its size and weight is reasonable compared to the advancements it offers.

PS: I won't sell the 12 mini. It goes in my collection of what I consider game-changing mobile phones along with my BlackBerry Passport and iPhone 10. Sadly I sold all my old smartphones, which I regret now, because I started with some Awesome Symbian phones from Nokia (Communicators) and Sony-Ericsson (P800, P900)...

BTW., I get the physical SIM-card because I'm not based in the US, so that's a plus (pun intended) for me. The eSim usually means that you have to sign a contract and I don't like that.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I use the 12 Mini as my daily phone, but having to charge it 2-3 times a day (I know I could get the battery replaced, but it's still tiny...) makes it a hassle to use, and the screen is just not working for me anymore, so I ordered the 15 Plus. I know, I know, it's much bigger, but still I feel that its size and weight is reasonable compared to the advancements it offers.

PS: I won't sell the 12 mini. It goes in my collection of what I consider game-changing mobile phones along with my BlackBerry Passport and iPhone 10. Sadly I sold all my old smartphones, which I regret now, because I started with some Awesome Symbian phones from Nokia (Communicators) and Sony-Ericsson (P800, P900)...

BTW., I get the physical SIM-card because I'm not based in the US, so that's a plus (pun intended) for me. The eSim usually means that you have to sign a contract and I don't like that.
I am kind of swinging the same way Barbaren, so am waiting for availability of the 15 Pro and will probably buy it (Love the Titanium). The phones are only going to get bigger next year so getting the 15 Pro while its still fairly compact for a 6.1" phone and light (its slightly smaller than the regular 15).

Keeping both my 12 and 13 minis though, they are not going anywhere!

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
My  iPhone 12 mini Blue is my first phone (since a Kyocera 2005 flip one) that I received last July.
the iPhone is great plays music, takes photos and videos of beaches and alligators, lets me know how slow I am pedaling and reminds me of groceries to purchase as well as to feed the baby turtles twice a day.
as far as phone calls, I receive maybe one a month or make one per month as well
I should have gotten a itouch blue g7 but they sold out too fast.

I have a screen savor question, how does one change the stand by back to the one I had this Sunday?

cman-uk

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2009
Got ip12 mini from day one, my favourite phone so far, but the battery is just horrible. So bought the ip15 pro for daily use. Now the mini is on my best-phones-of-all-time-shelf along with the iP SE (1st gen) and Nokia 8250.
I am kind of swinging the same way Barbaren, so am waiting for availability of the 15 Pro and will probably buy it (Love the Titanium). The phones are only going to get bigger next year so getting the 15 Pro while its still fairly compact for a 6.1" phone and light (its slightly smaller than the regular 15).

Keeping both my 12 and 13 minis though, they are not going anywhere!

Can you (or anyone else!) please post a couple of photos with the 12 Mini and 15 (based 15 ideally, I see you have a 15Pro) side by side / back to back / front to front?

Difficult to appreciate how big the 15 line up is in comparison. Certainly won't be able to reach the upper corners of the phone with one hand / thumb.... frustratingly.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Can you (or anyone else!) please post a couple of photos with the 12 Mini and 15 (based 15 ideally, I see you have a 15Pro) side by side / back to back / front to front?

Difficult to appreciate how big the 15 line up is in comparison. Certainly won't be able to reach the upper corners of the phone with one hand / thumb.... frustratingly.
There’s this site for that: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-15-Pro,Apple-iPhone-12-mini/phones/11928,11333

But really I think you have to hold it in hand. I remember being surprised by how big and heavy the mini still was in hand although I had compared it “virtually” with the SE1 beforehand.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014

Pick your poison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.