Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you consider putting your Apple watch in case?

• I'm paying for the fashion I'm not hiding that!

Votes: 89 91.8%
  • Hmm, I could consider a case.

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but aftermarket cases/enclosures will pop up for the Apple Watch. The pic below is the first one I've seen so far.

Lunatik-Apple-Watch-Waterproof-Case.jpg

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
the poll options are odd... I'm not going to make the watch any larger than it already is. I have a case on my iPhone because I am clumsy but also, I use a minimal case, enough to give it a little lip so that if I drop it, it doesn't fall on its face. Putting a case on a watch is just silly.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
YEAH, Sure why not. I spend $500 for an Apple Watch why not spend another $300 for a second band and another $200 for a case for a $500 product that will have to be charge daily.

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
the poll options are odd... I'm not going to make the watch any larger than it already is. I have a case on my iPhone because I am clumsy but also, I use a minimal case, enough to give it a little lip so that if I drop it, it doesn't fall on its face. Putting a case on a watch is just silly.

Unless you bang you arm every where because you're still clumsy :p

lockerc18

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2012
How about taking an alternate approach and making the Watch waterproof from the get go? And make it shockproof while you're at it, too.

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So in the rare instance that you shatter the sapphire crystal, you can put the AC+ to good use and not have an eyesore on your wrist.

It's a bit early. Another company came up with a band that adds a battery cell to charge the watch while it's on your wrist.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
It's a bit early. Another company came up with a band that adds a battery cell to charge the watch while it's on your wrist.

I have my doubts that thing will even work as noted in my posts on the various threads about it.

Years ago Swatch used to have something called Swatch Face guard. It was basically an elastic/rubber band that went over the face of the watch to try and reduce the amount of scratching on the screen. I am not sure that they sold many.

You don't tend to see TAG, Rolex, Bulgari watches in cases so I guess its not really likely to catch on for Apple Watch.

Alex

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I'd like some sort of bumper to protect the bezel at work.

This along with a Sport band would ease my mind.

Then a smart bracelet/band and naked for best. :)

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
All you have to do is dip it in sulphuric acid and it will not only make it scratch resistant, it will make it water resistant to 500m.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.