Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you consider putting your Apple watch in case?

• I'm paying for the fashion I'm not hiding that!

Votes: 89 91.8%
  • Hmm, I could consider a case.

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I think eventually there will be some sort of case singularity where people start making protective cases for other protective cases, then other cases to protect those and the whole thing just gets more and more massive until it collapses into a black hole under its own gravitational pull.

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
If I ever decide to get an umbrella to use on top of my umbrella to protect the first umbrella then I'll be fully qualified to decide buying a case for my Apple watch.

While I'm at it I might as well buy a raincoat to wear over my raincoat.

How about a car body over your car body to protect the car, once you decide to sell the car you remove the outer body and sell the car as MINT condition......Please use car seat covers to keep the interior looking new as well. Your welcome to use car seat covers on top of the car seat covers :D

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
case for a watch? what? so does that exist just to hide the ugliness of the watch itself?:)

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I can't express here how appalled I am at the idea of putting a case on the watch. Why would any one do that?

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
case for a watch? what? so does that exist just to hide the ugliness of the watch itself?:)

You are right, it will hide the ugliness of the watch (your opinion)

Or

It will hide the BEST looking smartwatch (my opinion) :)

camtechman56

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2015
Warren, pa.
I'll be using a case, unlike most of the posts I've read, I want to protect this device at these prices. I don't want this watch for looks but for how Apple claims it will work with the Iphone. I work in a harsh environment ( a steel mill ) and with out protection it would be a banged up broken mess in a month. I am looking at the case from Lunitik

web500sjc

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2011
The poll choices are really awkward- how did No, Yes, and maybe not work.

I would never get a case for a watch, but not because I paid for the fashion. I wouldn't get a case because a watch doesn't fall of my wrist like my phone could.

camtechman56

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2015
Warren, pa.
The poll choices are really awkward- how did No, Yes, and maybe not work.

I would never get a case for a watch, but not because I paid for the fashion. I wouldn't get a case because a watch doesn't fall of my wrist like my phone could.

I would not worry about it falling off the wrist, more moving through tight places, getting distracted and bumping it against a rough hard surface, etc. the arm is constantly moving and the potential of damaging the watch is greater then that of the phone that will be sitting in a pocket, which is one of the main points behind the watch ( not having to pull out the phone )

But you are right , the watch shouldn't fall off the wrist :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.