Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Another update: It now turned out that my 10.5 iPad Pro also exhibits battery drain issues. Because the problem is now more general I decided to create a new thread.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
How much does the Apple store charge for replacing the iPhone X battery?
These are Canadian prices but they are pretty fair. My first round of AppleCare will probably go to a battery, and the second round will go for a screen and I’ll pay for a battery since it’s already open. After that my kids can fight for it. My money is on the younger son, but the older might surprise me ?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
It’s at 97%. I logged out of iCloud and back in. Let’s see if that helped. Will post an update in this thread which I created because it turned out that the battery drain issue happens across devices.

mittencuh

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
DND would't help I guess since I don't get a ton of notifications. Full restore would be the last resort but while the battery issue is quite annoying it's not annoying enough for me personally that I would go through the process of restoring the device ?

It only takes a couple hours. I would highly recommend it in your case. That battery drop is very high.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Something I noticed and that I think has something to do with the drain is varying WiFi strength. During the day (when the iPhone is located a few feet away of a repeater) the drain is not as severe as during the night when the iPhone is in the bedroom. Apparently my iPad Pro doesn't mind a weaker WiFi signal because there logging out of iCloud and back in solved the drain.
It only takes a couple hours. I would highly recommend it in your case. That battery drop is very high.
I will try it tonight ?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Update: DND didn’t help unfortunately. Lost 44% in about 8 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.