Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickD

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Colorado
How often do you play on your console(s)? I play maybe an average of an hour a day between everything else I do. I used to play more, but have been cutting back to make room for my video show and blogging.

What about you guys?
NickD

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I don't play much anymore...too many things going on but on a average I would say on days when I'm off from work...1 1/2 hours.

Thats gonna change when Silent Hill 0rigins is released...I'll be playing my PSP all the time.

Bless

Antares

macrumors 68000
I like to play with my Wii every day. A lot of times, though, I may go several days without playing. Other days, if I actually have free time, I may play with my Wii several times in a single day. It also depends on how exciting the game is. I may get tired or worn out. Other times, I may have the energy to keep going and going.

When I was younger, I used to play a lot. I just don't have time like I used to...nor the stamina I did like when I was a teenager. Like many of us, responsibilities, work and the real world take precedence. Dating tends to be more fun too. Though, my last girlfriend loved getting her hands on my Wii and that was more fun than any of the solo playing. I love games...but my personal experience has been, since college, my gaming time has steadily been decreasing. I'll never stop playing, though. It's been and will always be a great form of entertainment for me.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I play Half Life 2 Deathmatch every day, at least 20 minutes.

Too busy with my own game project to really play much else. I like to spend 30 minutes on a DS game as the day comes to an end.

Before that it was a good couple of hours on my Wii and DS. I feel I can justify that as I only watch TV for 2 hours a week.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I don't play much anymore...too many things going on but on a average I would say on days when I'm off from work...1 1/2 hours.

Ditto. If and when I do get round to playing my systems it's for about an hour.

This past week Ive spent a couple hours on the darkness 360, and a couple of hours on gamecube Paper Mario

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I don't think I've even turned mine on in more than 3 months.
Until Mass Effect comes out, I don't expect that to change.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I like to play with my Wii every day. A lot of times, though, I may go several days without playing. Other days, if I actually have free time, I may play with my Wii several times in a single day. It also depends on how exciting the game is. I may get tired or worn out. Other times, I may have the energy to keep going and going.

When I was younger, I used to play a lot. I just don't have time like I used to...nor the stamina I did like when I was a teenager. Like many of us, responsibilities, work and the real world take precedence. Dating tends to be more fun too. Though, my last girlfriend loved getting her hands on my Wii and that was more fun than any of the solo playing. I love games...but my personal experience has been, since college, my gaming time has steadily been decreasing. I'll never stop playing, though. It's been and will always be a great form of entertainment for me.

So...many...puns...Must...resist...

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
So...many...puns...Must...resist...
So it's not just me? ;)
Antares, don't know if that was intentional but that was really funny. :D

I usully play about an hour everyday. Usually enough to get a game or two of baseball in.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I play my 360 anywhere between 1 and 3 hours a day, and rarely play my wii anymore. (Just waiting on some new games, good online play, or some new channels)

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I am probably down to about 3 hours per week between all the consoles and handheld systems I have. I expect that to change as some of these PS3 and Wii titles start dropping.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005

Just wait until you get married and have kids. You might as well just sell your Wii on eBay because you won't be playing it at all...;)

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I usually play a couple of times a week, but I don't have a lot of other time because I'm either here on the computer doing some work, or I'm at my job or church or somewhere else in 'real life.' Looking at my Xbox360 'blog' page, I haven't played at all this week, barely last week, and barely the weeks before. I think the most I've played any of the consoles (I have all three) is two or three hours at a stretch, and maybe three times a week at the most.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
OMG! Just looking at the August and September release schedules and there are too many games I plan to buy.

August = BlueDragon and BioShock (both 360) Everybody Golf (PS3)

September = Eternal Sonata, Halo 3 (360) Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Lair (PS3)

:( I may have to sacrifice some of those games - otherwise they simply are not going to get played regardless.

Warhawk, HeavenlySword, Halo3, Everbody's golf may fall by the way side.

BlueDragon, BioShock, Eternal Sonata and Lair are must haves for me regardless.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
I would say that for the last 2-3 months for the most part both systems I own have been collecting dust. Reason being I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online. Oddly enough, yesterday afternoon i bought AllPro Footbal 2k8 and have created my legendary team and already about halfway thorugh my season. I'll put up a review later if demand sees fit. But as others have said already in the thread - its just a downtime and allowing me to save some money for the big games coming out later this year.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I'm a college student on summer break and basically unemployed (I only work two days a week for about 3 hours each day). So, you know, I got a lot of time on my hands...

I usually play 2-3 hours a day, although there will be days it might be 0 and sometimes it might be 5 hours. I'm trying to beat my backlog of GameCube games, so I'm on the Wii often for that or playing VC games. If I didn't give my friend my PS2 cables, I'd probably try to beat the two Kingdom Hearts games and FFX and the Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank games. On my 360, I beat everything and don't really care for online play for most of my games, but I am still playing XBLA games.

Game on.

rjgonzales

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2006
Texas
Maybe 2-3 hours a week.... Kids change things. With the recent announcement of new games coming to Apple, I just may end up selling my 360.:apple:

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Everyday. Nothing on tv? No problem, I got plenty of media to watch.

I have a modded XBOX with a 400GB drive.

Its either gaming or watching TV shows from my XBMC.

Truth be told, a modded XBOX is the greatest thing. Ever.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Lately I've played my Wii about 2x more than the 360 just because I'm playing through RE4 again on Professional (almost done too...played for about 2 1/2 hrs last night). Usually play something every day or every other day. Weekends I usually play on Live with friends (Worms and Gears of War...and now will also be playing Bomberman) for 3-5 hours on Fri/Sat night.

BlueDragon

Try the demo if you haven't already; I was really looking forward to buying it, then I played the demo and I didn't like it at all. :eek:

Eternal Sonata though, I wholly agree with you there...that's going to be sweet. :D

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006

Dude.... Read what you just wrote. That's sick man:p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Try the demo if you haven't already; I was really looking forward to buying it, then I played the demo and I didn't like it at all. :eek:

Eternal Sonata though, I wholly agree with you there...that's going to be sweet. :D

Will download demo later, you've got me worried now.

Eternal Sonata is looking hot.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
now with my summer job i got perhaps 3 times time during the week with perhaps 2 times 1 hour and 1 times more around 3 hours

but i can squeeze more time in during the weekends especially on saturday morning and sunday afternoon but i often use those for long lasting pc strategy games

during studiy i sometimes can fit in more time for longer stints by shuffling around and longer evenings

as a consequence i normally buy few epic single player sicne i mostly don't have the time to finish them nor to keep me encouraged to progress further
(not like the total war series where it's more of the "one more turn" just like with civ)
consoels are mostly nowadays for party games or with friends over or taking it over to friends house and from time to time a break from PC games

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.