Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I have been in a lull with my Wii, the games i've got are kinda boring me so i haven't been playing much... I cannot wait until Guitar Hero 3 comes out, i'll be on that system every day :)

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I like to think I'm healthy with my playing. I might play for hours one day and then not play for a few days. Last night had a free night and chose to go get two for one pints at my favorite pub. Hearing real music and seeing real people will always win out for me...but I still like to play when I get a chance...

Paul

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Try the demo if you haven't already; I was really looking forward to buying it, then I played the demo and I didn't like it at all. :eek:

I down loaded the demo, and whilst the first few minutes trying to get used to the control scheme and menu system was weird (talk about throwing you in head first) I soon adapted.

I really enjoyed it. Graphically it's as beautiful as I hoped, I love the character design and some of the special moves are just magnificent, especially the 'corporal' ones.

Manged to get all the way to the end of the demo and then nene kicked my but, but I enjoyed every bit of the kicking :D

I assume the demo isn't of the end of the game, becuase that would be bizzare as it would give away too much of the plot, so I'm assuming this is early to mid way through.

But will definetly be buying this 150% :)

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I play maybe 15 minutes of MLB The Show on my PSP a day. Besides that, I'd say I average a half hour to an hour a week of games. I just don't have the time these days and nothing really makes me want to play games anymore.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I don't play much anymore except in spurts. I recently dragged out my son's PS2 and started playing FF X (I know, it's old) and am having a blast. Probably 1-1.5 hours per night, maybe 5 hours on the weekend.

EDIT: My son bought me FF XII for Christmas, and I played that for a while and got bored with it. So I pulled out X instead.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I actually enjoyed FFX. ;)
Sacriledge, I know. :p

I'm an old school FF player/fan.
FFIV/FFVI for me were the pinnacles.

FFVII was utter trash, god I hate that game. Every time I see someone talk about Cloud as the best hero, Sephiroth as the best villain, or FFVII as the best FF, a little piece inside of me dies. Cloud is an emo pansy with fruity hair and Sephiroth is a glorified puss. Cecil...that's a hero. Golbez and Kefka...those are villains.

Didn't ever play FFVIII but I know the level system is horrendous and stealing magic is just lame.

FFIX was great...return to the roots IMO.
Didn't know whether or not I'd like FFX but I loved it. I *heart* Lulu. :D
Haven't bothered with FFX-II, FFXI or FFXII; don't really want to. *shrug*

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
FFVII was utter trash, god I hate that game. Every time I see someone talk about Cloud as the best hero, Sephiroth as the best villain, or FFVII as the best FF, a little piece inside of me dies. Cloud is an emo pansy with fruity hair and Sephiroth is a glorified puss. Cecil...that's a hero. Golbez and Kefka...those are villains.

THANK YOU!!!
I think they should have stopped with 3/6

I have been considering the ports of the good FFs for the GBA/DS

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I haven't been too keen on the 3D versions, 1-6 and Tactics for me plz. I've still got to find a good 3D menu-driven RPG.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA

Everybody is welcome to his opinion. Personally, I think FF VII was probably the 2nd best game I have ever played, surpassed only by the original Xenogears. I have tried several of the earler FF games for GBA and didn't much care for them.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Regards to FF. My favorite was FF 9. I loved that game, it's locations, art style and characters.

All the others I've played I grew bored and tired of after a few hours of gameplay.

DoubleDragon1987

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2020
With a system like the Switch, the console is the portable so when I am playing, I am playing. Games on the PC however still vastly beat out console games in terms of high resolution gaming.

I mostly play on emulators on the PC because of save states, screenshots I can take for memories, and cheats which makes games much more easier and fun to play. I absolutely hate hard games hence I do not play any console games from past generations without Game Genie or GameShark.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
I play on my Switch a little each day; well most days, Animal Crossing for a bit then maybe sometimes I'll fire up Mario Maker 2.

Edit: oof, didn't know this thread was that old!

• Haha
Reactions: DoubleDragon1987
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.