Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gogogosia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2023
I have a samsung 21 phone where I record videos to edit them later on my mac. I used to be able to use Android File transfer app which has no longer worked for many months now. Macs simply don't recognise the equipment. I've done all the suggested troubleshooting that was found online.

All I've been doing in the meantime was uploading them on wetransfer.com and downloading on mac which is a big pain and a waste of time. I also would rather not rely on wifi but do it through equipment.

I've already been challanged by this kn my older MBP, but now moving into my new macbook pro M1 i would like to get a smoother workflow because i do it so often.

Has anyone figured out how a workaround for this?

jwahaus

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2022
Have you tried plugging you phone directly into your Mac via a USB cable? Typically Android phones will show up as a USB disk drive once you enable the permission on your phone. You should be able to use Finder on the Mac to copy over the files. At least this was the case when I had an Android phone and a Windows PC, my Android phone died and I have an iPhone now so I can't test this scenario out with my Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.