Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hey all, managed to get the recently leaked jailbreak working on my 4.3.3 iPad 2 using a local webserver to serve the files.

Full guide on my blog - http://iamnayr.posterous.com/how-to-jailbreak-your-ipad-2-433-using-a-loca

Yes I do realize this will probably be irrelevant soon as it looks like Comex is about ready to release the jailbreak. I highly recommend you wait it out if you aren't very tech savvy, as this is a pretty in-depth solution.

Use this only if you absolutely can't wait!

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
cool...

but it should be noted that Comex's version will be more polished than the Beta that leaked a few days ago. A fresh teaser is on jailbreakme.com so I would recommend people wait and get a more bug-free version.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
cool...

but it should be noted that Comex's version will be more polished than the Beta that leaked a few days ago. A fresh teaser is on jailbreakme.com so I would recommend people wait and get a more bug-free version.

Definitely agreed! This is for the...experimental...people out there.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
is there a way to do this on windows?

I can't say for certain it will work, but the steps should be relatively the same. You can probably use IIS to setup a web server using the same IP listed in my guide.

imroking

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
I can't say for certain it will work, but the steps should be relatively the same. You can probably use IIS to setup a web server using the same IP listed in my guide.

i'll give it a shot seeing as I am super bored lol thanks for this i'll do this until comex releases his one hopefully later today :)

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Can you change back your router the way it was after or am I stuck using this.

Also is Cydia fully operational even though saurik blocked it?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

h4keem

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
United Kingdom
Great Guide ! Worked for me on my iPad 2 Wifi 16GB. I would say this Is for the experimental type of people as it is a risk. Comex has posted fresh hints on the Jailbreakme.com website and a full release is incoming. But hats of to you sir ! Works perfectly.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Can you change back your router the way it was after or am I stuck using this.

Also is Cydia fully operational even though saurik blocked it?

You can absolutely change it back, instead of connecting to 192.168.etc you would connect to the IP you changed your router to: 157.22.252.1

Saurik didn't block cydia, the site where the files were being hosted (157.22.252.87) was taken down. You are simply recreating the site using a local server.

Great Guide ! Worked for me on my iPad 2 Wifi 16GB. I would say this Is for the experimental type of people as it is a risk. Comex has posted fresh hints on the Jailbreakme.com website and a full release is incoming. But hats of to you sir ! Works perfectly.

Awesome! Glad someone else had success with this method.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
It's just I wanna try it but I have so many static actress's I cannot change them all lol

padawanjp

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010

What firmware are you in buddy?

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
It's just I wanna try it but I have so many static actress's I cannot change them all lol

Just temporarily changing the static IP on your iPad and computer wont have any lasting effects. Yes you will temporarily lose connection on your other devices, but just switch your routers IP back to normal afterwords.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011

I propose all users that have success with this method post the following:

Ipad version, firmware version, PDF File used. I'll start:

iPad 32GB Verizon 3G version, 4.3.3, iPad_4.3.3_8J2.pdf

padawanjp

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
I propose all users that have success with this method post the following:

Ipad version, firmware version, PDF File used. I'll start:

iPad 32GB Verizon 3G version, 4.3.3, iPad_4.3.3_8J2.pdf

Initially it worked for me with 4.3. But it was so buggy. I never tried on 4.3.3 coz my safari just closes when i tried it. Does airplane mode work for you with the icon? Also can you check if your wifi settings are fine and you can save vpn settings? Those were the bugs i noticed in 4.3

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Initially it worked for me with 4.3. But it was so buggy. I never tried on 4.3.3 coz my safari just closes when i tried it. Does airplane mode work for you with the icon? Also can you check if your wifi settings are fine and you can save vpn settings? Those were the bugs i noticed in 4.3

If your Safari is closing, it means that version of PDF isn't meant for your device. I haven't tried wifi settings yet, but everything else seems fine thus far.

h4keem

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
United Kingdom

To get Safari working all you do is close it in your Multitasking Bar , then go in settings and clear Cache , Cookies & History and Safari should be working.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
To get Safari working all you do is close it in your Multitasking Bar , then go in settings and clear Cache , Cookies & History and Safari should be working.

Yes, this. Safari is simply reloading the PDF each time you open safari. Close it all out and open fresh and try a different PDF.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Can't make this work, because the airport extreme only let's you put 192 172 or 10 as the first octet, so I can't put the other ipadress

I still tried to host then site and try but when I click to iPad 4.3.3 8j2 or 8j3 safari crashed so I can't install it

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I wonder why 4.3.3 works with this but not when the leak was going and the original site was up. Perhaps you know?

If the official JB isnt up and no word from Comex this afternoon I'll probably cave and try to do this, thanks for figuring it out.

And the easiest way to get out of the safari crash loop is to open any website you saved as an app shortcut so it opens to that page instead, not that clearing the info is hard.

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I wonder why 4.3.3 works with this but not when the leak was going and the original site was up. Perhaps you know?

If the official JB isnt up and no word from Comex this afternoon I'll probably cave and try to do this, thanks for figuring it out.

And the easiest way to get out of the safari crash loop is to open any website you saved as an app shortcut so it opens to that page instead, not that clearing the info is hard.

As far as I can tell, it was always working, they simply never shared the link for the 4.3.3 PDF.

Thanks for the tip about Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.