Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hongkongfu

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
Could you please stop to talk crap and **** ???!!!!

This not work on a 3g model i tried using a local server etc...

Please dont try it is just a waste of time

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
For some reason I do not have the button "Open Computer Website Folder"...it's just non-existent on my Sharing Settings...do I have to have Lion?

Jeff,

I can't remember whether that button was on snow leopard or not, either way they lead to the same place /Library/WebServer/Documents/

DJJazzyJeff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2011
Jeff,

I can't remember whether that button was on snow leopard or not, either way they lead to the same place /Library/WebServer/Documents/

Well, I don't have a folder labeled Webserver in my Library folder...haha maybe I should just give up. I tried searching for it in Spotlight as well to no avail...

iamnayr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Well, I don't have a folder labeled Webserver in my Library folder...haha maybe I should just give up. I tried searching for it in Spotlight as well to no avail...

Try opening terminal and typing "cd /Library/WebServer/Documents/". If it navigates without error, then the folder exists and you are likely in the wrong place.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
you ALL do know that this is NOT the final version of the jailbreak.

it's been reported to disable connecting to wifi networks with passwords, among many other bugs.

just wait if you don't want to frustrate yourself more.

True, I still cant connect to my router so currently im using mywi from my iphone to get internet of my ipad

Runisco

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
Managed to do this in Windows except one point, actually reaching the site on my iPad 2.

Configured the router and network card. Installed Apache and made my browser display the jb folder when directed to the IP needed.

However when I went to my iPad, switched to static and input the data nothing came up in safari. Only an error message that it couldn't be reached.

Last edited:

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
iPad 2 4.3.3 the PDF with 8J2 for iPad still crashes the device. I have reached my local site using both apache on windows and mac's built in but it still crashes safari.

h4keem

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
United Kingdom
Be patient guys don't bother with this for too long it's good but the Jailbreak should be coming within a few hours , Hopefully :) Also it's quite buggy and is only a beta..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.