Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
There is no solution to your problem OP. Likewise, Apple ruined my 7 Plus when I upgraded to iOS 11 and they destroyed my primary means of interaction AKA the home button. Its the only electronic in my household whose button responds with a delay. Battery life was literally halved from one and a half day to barely a day. I solved it by getting the X. At this point, the real solution is to get an iPhone X or iPhone 8 or wait till someone at Apple goofs up like they did a few months ago when all of a sudden, iOS versions 6-10 were signed for a limited time during which unfortunately I was at work and couldn't do anything.

Try iOS 12 as it comes out tonight and if satisfied with it, once the final version is reached next year, simply download a tvOS beta profile like I did for my iPad. Saves the headache of dealing with those intrusive adware prompts.

Reactions: macintoshmac

jas5279

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
My 6s on iOS 11.4.2 b1 is awesome. Great battery life, stable, fast. Give iOS 11.4 a chance. This is what should have been released in September.

You can’t rollback, but you already knew that. If I could do the update all over again, I would.

I have 11.3.1. I just saw the latest available now is 11.4. Do you recommend me to upgrade to 11.4 because its better than 11.3? Everything is okay on my phone except that battery life has suffered since the moment I upgraded from 10.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I have 11.3.1. I just saw the latest available now is 11.4. Do you recommend me to upgrade to 11.4 because its better than 11.3? Everything is okay on my phone except that battery life has suffered since the moment I upgraded from 10.
6s? Yes. But I have to caution your mileage may vary. I like it, as I said stable and great battery life.

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
For the OP: when a new version of iOS comes out, download it, install it, and most importantly TEST IT. Then after a couple of days, you can decide if it’s better or worse, and roll back to the previous version if required whilst the window is still open. How?

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-downgrade-from-ios-11-beta-go-back-ios-10-3522302/

How to stop Apple nagging you for the new update:
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-stop-ios-nagging-you-update-latest-version-3641478/

Their advice on how to disable the auto download of the OS update does not work; I'm going to play it safe and not try their rollback advice either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.