Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clg82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
Ok Ok Ok everyone thanks for all the insightful input. I decided to add another line to my cell bill, and went with the purchase of the S23 Ultra. Best of both worlds.....I have for the most part transitioned everything over from my previous iPhone 14 Pro Max, and been loving the S23 Ultra thus far. The android OS does take some getting used too, i spent the better part of this past Friday tweaking and installing everything that I grew to love from my iPhone. The S23 does have a beautiful display and the hardware does feel refreshing. Sooooo what i've decided to do is forward all of my calls from my iphone to the android and inconvenience everyone else with downloading whatsapp haha. As far as my Apple Watch Ultra, since I still have my iphone active, I can use my S23 when i'm out and about and also the AWU with LTE to get any messages I may miss from my iphone. I know I know first world problems but keep the suggestions coming. This is great conversation!

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Lol you do NOT get this standard on Windows, and even in macOS some fine tuned specific user customizations are not restored, not without first relaunching said apps or menu bar items with a sign in.

Windows you'll need USMT to equal that of what Time machine does for osx.

Samsung has had backup for years now not sure how you've missed this? Maybe due to only focusing on Google's solutions and ignoring prompts regarding Samsung account.

I used the Samsung solution on my Fold 2, didn’t restore the device fully the 6-7 something times I had to factory reset it in 6 months to fix battery drain issues.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I used the Samsung solution on my Fold 2, didn’t restore the device fully the 6-7 something times I had to factory reset it in 6 months to fix battery drain issues.
did you re install the same apps again after a restore? Because if you did that is the problem. You have an app that is draining your battery. This happens on both Android and IOS btw....
I have used Samsung Smart switch to backup/restore my Samsung phones over the years and it works great.
I can back up to a USB drive then restore to a new phone if needed without needing internet connectivity.

Both platforms have great backup offerings.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Ok Ok Ok everyone thanks for all the insightful input. I decided to add another line to my cell bill, and went with the purchase of the S23 Ultra. Best of both worlds.....I have for the most part transitioned everything over from my previous iPhone 14 Pro Max, and been loving the S23 Ultra thus far. The android OS does take some getting used too, i spent the better part of this past Friday tweaking and installing everything that I grew to love from my iPhone. The S23 does have a beautiful display and the hardware does feel refreshing. Sooooo what i've decided to do is forward all of my calls from my iphone to the android and inconvenience everyone else with downloading whatsapp haha. As far as my Apple Watch Ultra, since I still have my iphone active, I can use my S23 when i'm out and about and also the AWU with LTE to get any messages I may miss from my iphone. I know I know first world problems but keep the suggestions coming. This is great conversation!

Sounds good so far, keep us posted on how you like the S23 Ultra.

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
did you re install the same apps again after a restore? Because if you did that is the problem. You have an app that is draining your battery. This happens on both Android and IOS btw....
I have used Samsung Smart switch to backup/restore my Samsung phones over the years and it works great.
I can back up to a USB drive then restore to a new phone if needed without needing internet connectivity.

Both platforms have great backup offerings.

Not really, it happened on a more or less fresh one as well, and battery management said no app had used any energy at all. Just the kind of things I got used to when I used Android, when waking up the phone could have anywhere from 85 to 0% battery when I went to bed with 100%.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not really, it happened on a more or less fresh one as well, and battery management said no app had used any energy at all. Just the kind of things I got used to when I used Android, when waking up the phone could have anywhere from 85 to 0% battery when I went to bed with 100%.
I use both Android and IOS with my 14 PM being my daily driver. I have the S23U and P7 Pro and have not experienced what you describe. As a matter of fact my S23U has almost the same battery life as my 14 PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.