Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan

I’ll say this; hope you continue to be 9 years older than me for a long time.

Totally agree on having a purpose to live for, imo it drives us humans.
When I retire in 1-2 years I’ll volunteer HfH as a crew leader, and possibly fix bikes for free for those in need.

Technology; I went from using slide rule in 8th grade math to earliest red and green display calculators thru high school. Learned Fortran 1981 college on TED, text editor , to store programs. Literally you had no screen, paper printout, had to know it in your head and hard copy printout. Had a Timex Sinclair in 1983 was revolutionary, then I had the original 128k Macintosh 9/1984..
was a member of Ann Arbor MacGroup, 1985 thru late 1990’s. who remembers Apple sponsoring local clubs? I used to teach Mac stuff there, various classes.

never owned a WinTel. Owned a Newton 110. Programmed 6502 processor in assy language..
HyperCard, remember that?
Apple literally almost owned the internet there.. if those links were over network wow.

Exercise is key to long healthy life, my uncle Tony is 89 and his grip still crushes mine. He’s 3x week in gym still. I MTB bike with friends, will do so into my 70’s. Used to race in the mid/late 1990’s.

1st marriage failed, went on a 3 year self discovery journey. Fortunately met my soulmate, 3 kids .. now 2 in college 1 senior high school. I learned so much with them. Family matters above all else.

I see the glass ceiling above my head.
Mom passed, my father soon.
Friends are starting to pass more and more, each one hurts.
9a7834bceb30539509c042e53f553f85.jpg

Today’s society.. so much potential, I’m eternally optimistic for youth.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
1st marriage failed, went on a 3 year self discovery journey. Fortunately met my soulmate, 3 kids .. 2 in college 1 senior high school.
I was married for 10 years, and then my marriage failed. I too took 3 years to see who I am, what I like and just get my priorities in order. I have been blessed to meet the woman of my dreams and I definitely married up. In 2024, we'll be celebrating 20 years of marriage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.