Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
When I was jailbroken previously and bought Auxo it crashed with Spotify. Since its last update there has been no issues. Hack repos are often behind with the latest version, hence why most people with issues either a) pirated and have an older version or b) another tweak or theme is interfering with Auxo.

I hear you on the pirated copies.
But I have also purchased many bad and buggy cydia packages before and they still crashed even when paid.
I remember yourtube, that thing was a piece of junk and the author instead of fixing it he was putting out new and more crappy packages on cydia for sale.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I hear you on the pirated copies.
But I have also purchased many bad and buggy cydia packages before and they still crashed even when paid.
I remember yourtube, that thing was a piece of junk and the author instead of fixing it he was putting out new and more crappy packages on cydia for sale.

I think, in most cases, it's another tweak interfering with Auxo somewhere, which means its not an issue with Auxo itself but more what people are choosing to run Auxo alongside.

Sadly I don't think the Devs behind Auxo have the resources to test it with every Cydia tweak out there, so inconsistencies will crop up.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
I had auxo and had so many safe mode crashes I uninstalled the jailbreak and went back to stock. Now I'm hungry to re jailbreak again and run without suck and see if my iPhone stops crashing.

Talkinaboot

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
I had installed it previously and had problems with the phone crashing, so I ditched it. A few days later I got rid of some other Apps/Tweaks I stopped using and tried it again.........not one single problem since

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Not had a single craseh with Auxo. It's amazingly well built and has no bugs at all.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Love how people think if they pay for the app it wont have bugs, issues or incompatibilities at all:D
Guess what, many people that paid for it have probs with it still.

Nonsense. People accused folks reporting bugs as having pirated the app. I reported that I had paid, and I have a bug. I'm not expecting anything to be perfect because I paid, I'm just noting that its not isolated to those who pirated the app.

To me there appears to be a memory leak in relation to playing media over an extended period of time. I get springboard crashes when I'm using Pandora and GPS navigation at the same time when I activate the app switcher.

I'm not bad mouthing the developers, I'm not making crazy expectations, just reporting my findings. Is there something wrong with that?

I'm still using the modification, as I find it useful, even with the daily crash.

Edit: The fact that their beta build test notes say "The most promising fix to the memory leak so far." should give some legitimacy to those claiming crashes.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I uninstalled and ran iCleaner with the intention of cleaning things up before reinstalling. Upon attempting to reinstall, I get a "size mismatch" error in Cydia after the download of Auxo is complete (before install).

Edit: Looks like they have a new beta repo: http://repo.a3tweaks.com

Last edited:

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Been using Auxo since the first day I jailbroken on 6.1. I haven't had a single crash from Auxo. I had other tweaks cause some springboard crashes. But currently my phone is running very stable with over 20 tweaks installed. Haven't had any crashes lately.

antgod

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
It use to crash for me a few weeks back, I unjailbroke updated my phone then rejailbroke and only loaded what I needed. Haven't had crashed with it loaded since.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Using the latest beta build, installed after uninstalling Auxo, deleting prefs, running iCleaner. iOS 6.1.2, iPhone 4S, 16gb.

When listening to Pandora this morning, Springboard crashed upon app switcher activation. Respring, start listening to Pandora again, all is fine. I assume later on in the day if I don't respring, it'll crash again if I'm listening to Pandora or anything.

I wonder if the leak is related to album art or something. I *only* get crashes if I haven't resprung in a day or more, and I'm listening to music.

For the most part, I try to respring every morning to clear the leak in advance so I don't crash at an inconvenient time during the day, but that doesn't always work.

(this does not happen if I don't have Auxo installed)

Update: 11:51am and we have a crash while playing media and switching apps! It's pretty repeatable at this point.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.